New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #21  
There is obviously a difference between the two models but not enough for what I use it for. I really wanted a backhoe and I chose that over the difference in specs. I have not come up with anything that mine couldn't do yet and I suspect if I do it will be necessary to rent something really big. I can say after a few months that I would never consider a tractor without a backhoe.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #22  
I cannot tell you about anything smaller than an L. But what I can tell you is you should probably go with the B series tractor. It seems better for you. Also, if you need it, just get a small mower to go with it (g, gr series, etc). I think a larger BX comes fairly close performance wise to a smaller B.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #23  
I'd have to agree with Donn12. I would go nuts without a backhoe. Every time I use it I think about how much fun it woulda been with a shovel. Not very much:D. Anyhow I know whatever you get the work you'll be doin' with it will be a whole lot easier than doin' it the old fashion way(by hand).

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #24  
There is obviously a difference between the two models but not enough for what I use it for. I really wanted a backhoe and I chose that over the difference in specs. I have not come up with anything that mine couldn't do yet and I suspect if I do it will be necessary to rent something really big. I can say after a few months that I would never consider a tractor without a backhoe.

I'd have to agree with Donn12. I would go nuts without a backhoe. Every time I use it I think about how much fun it woulda been with a shovel. Not very much:D. Anyhow I know whatever you get the work you'll be doin' with it will be a whole lot easier than doin' it the old fashion way(by hand).
If my BX23 did not have a BH I'd feel like I did not have a tractor.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #25  
Owning just 2.5 acres, my BX23 works Great...I thought about a larger tractor at first, but found out I'm very happy with the 23 and what it'll do...The BH is now and always will be a Must for me...The first time you use yours, I'm sure you'll agree...Go Orange!

Don

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25
1st off, thanks to everyone for your input, it really helped get me down closer to the right model.....Well I got the chance to operate the BX25 and 2320 this weekend. I like both but the B2320 seems to be a little more tractor. Power and handling on both were awesome!! The BX25 was priced at 16,100. (FEL and BH) but they were willing to deal (said that would deal even better on the BX24). I have not gotten a price on the 2320 yet have FEL /BH it is new but sustained some cosmetic damage in a wind storm, said they would get with Kubota to get a price. I really like the B2320 but cost may be a factor cause I WANT THE BACKHOE!!!!!!! If the 2320 is too expensive I might have to go with the BX24/25......in comparision what is really the difference between the 2 other than the obvious, 2320 bigger tractor, more possibilities for 3 point hitch attachments and the BX24/25 backhoe, backhoe, backhoe!!!!...I'm to this point now just a little push.....:)

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #27  
I was in a similar situation earlier this year. The BX25 and BX2660 were not yet out, but the B2_20 series had just been released. My choice came down between a BX24 and a B2620 or B2320. The somewhat larger B series with a BH ended up about $3-4,000 more depending on model. I settled on the BX24 which ran me $14,995 + all the usuals. I had a B7100 previously which served me quite well, but was getting a little tired (its early life was in a rental yard). Now that I've had the BX24 for a while (only 25+ hrs) and actually began to learn how to use the BH, I find I only think about the larger B series tractor if its about 100 degrees out and then my occasional thought is just that I could be done by now with the bigger machine. I think that's the biggest difference between the two. The smaller front wheels may give a little rougher ride, but I have a Z-turn for mowing. Yes one can lift a little more and dig a little faster with the B2320 and 2620, but the BX24/25 can do about anything a small acreage homeowner needs done, just a very little bit slower. My BX24 seems to take standard Cat-1 3pt equipment (26" spacing) although there were some complaints about earlier BXs. Another aspect that drove my decision is that there are a lot of 3rd party add-ons for the BX24/25. I just ordered a thumb and a ripper tooth for the BH (Kubota has a thumb for the B series). For Xmas I want a sprayer and forks. Check out Bro-Tec and BXpanded for examples. Now that I've had one, I will always have a BH, just like I will always have hydrostatic drive (power steering also after the experience of muscling a B7100). A lot of comments here say always go one size bigger, but I am totally happy and the $3-4,000 will but a lot of other toys.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25
Just heard from the dealer today with a couple of prices......the B2320 with FEL / BH 16,900. and the BX14, 15,400. Again the 2320 has some cosmetic damage to it but its still new. So are these good prices?????

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #29  
I would not worry about the minor damage unless you plan on keeping it like new. My tractor has never been washed and I push huge brush pile around so it shows plenty or wear and tear after 6 months or so. The price difference is smaller than usual so my advice is to get whichever one you really want. I don't know that you would ever notice any difference in capabilities between a 2320 and a BX24. I don't think the weight difference is real big between the two but I might be wrong. That would be a big issue when using a box blade etc.If you were to consider a move up to a B7800 it would be a more noticeable upgrade in terms of specs. If you can save a little and get a commercial ZTR at some point I would vote for that. There is no comparison in mowing speed or quality.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #30  
Looks like the biggest difference in these 2 tractors is the size of the tires and the resulting height of the tractor. The larger diameter tires on the B2320 would likely have a little more traction and would ride a little better on rough surfaces. The smaller tires on the BX lower the center of gravity and all else equal would add to lateral stability. The BX tires are wider than the B2320 tires so ground pressure should be similar.

According to Kubota's spec sheets, the weight of these tractors is within 100 lbs depending on models. The BX2350 is slightly lighter than the HST B2320 but the BX24 is slightly heavier (due to the subframe I'm sure).
The engine HP is the same. The pto HP is the same (actually an insignificant .2 hp edge to the BX)

The lift capacity of the B2320's loader is about 70 lbs more but the loading reach is less. Lift height is different by about 2 3/4inches.

The B2320 BH has a 6 inch edge on digging depth and almost 600 lbs more dipperstick digging force. How much that matters depends on the use. In some cases that could be significant. It also swings 5 degrees further to each side than the BX. That would matter if it were 20 degrees but 5 degrees is pretty insignificant.

The 3pt lift capacity is substantially greater for the B2320. If the intent is to use 3 pt attachments over 600 lbs, that matters.

The biggest functional difference I see is ground clearance and overhead clearance. Kubota says the B2230 ground clearance is greater by 3.3 inches. That matters if you're working in the woods. Overall height is listed as about 13 1/2" more for the B2320 than the BX2350 (The BX24 has a folding rops that drops from 84 inches to 63 inches if you need to go under something). That matters if you're working around trees or other overhead obstructions. (I have to fold the BX24 ROPS to work around my fruit trees.)

MY VERY ROUGH SCORECARD
Horsepower: Even
Weight: Even
Mower: Even
Loader: Even
BH: Edge to B2320
3 Point capacity: Significant advantage to B2320
Ground clearance: Advantage B2320
Overhead clearance: Advantage BX
Road speed (if that matters): Advantage B2320
Cost: Advantage BX

All in all, both are capable machines with relatively similar specs. Personally. unless I intended to use very heavy 3 point implements or drive the machine on the road frequently, the cost and the clearance issues (above or below) seem to be the major factors that would guide my decision.