New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #31  
I think the 3 range HST on the 2x20 series is signficant, but that's just me.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #32  
I think the 3 range HST on the 2x20 series is signficant, but that's just me.

I agree, recently traded a NH scut w/ 2 ranges (Hi, Low) and I have 40 hrs. on my new 2620 and I bet 30 of them have been spent in Med. perfect speed for a lot of apps.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #33  
I agree, recently traded a NH scut w/ 2 ranges (Hi, Low) and I have 40 hrs. on my new 2620 and I bet 30 of them have been spent in Med. perfect speed for a lot of apps.

I would certainly agree the 3 speed would be advantageous, particularly if you do a considerable amount of road or distance traveling. That's why I mentioned road speed as possibly being significant for some in my previous post.

If I've not been misled, the 1st and 2nd ranges are pretty close to the low and high on the BX. The 3rd is primarily an additional gear for higher travel speed. I use my BX almost exclusively in the high range which, if it is indeed about the same as the medium range on the B2320, I would agree is very well matched for many apps. Primarily, I use the low range for plowing my garden, delicate or possibly hazardous work, or for speed control when spraying.
I seldom drive my tractor more than 100 yards or so on the road but if I had that faster gear, I could probably find excuses to drive a lot farther!

BTW My post was my feeble attempt to use Kubota's posted information to try to summarize the differences in the BX and B2320 for a new member in a quandary. The specific characteristics that matter are different for different people. For me, ground clearance is a non-issue but overall height is a major consideration. If my tractor were any taller, I'd have to continually deal with my extreme allergy to walk behind mowers, hand held sprayers and manual leaf rakes.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #34  
The B2320 has foldable rops so this is a non issue. The mid range on the B2320 tops out at approx 6mph, which would be slower than the top speed when in the BX's high range. Loader work etc. can be done using the mid range on the B, whereas similar work would likely require you to drop to low range on a BX. As many have said before, you can do just about anything with a BX than you would be able to do with a larger tractor - it will just take a little longer.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25
Got a final price today, are these good prices for Ohio???
BX24 with 60" mower......16,900
BX25 with 60" mower......18,100
B2320 with 60"mover, FEL and BH....19,200. (this is a scratch and dent model
with minor damager but new)

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #36  
I'm new to the site, and a newbie/greenhorn when it comes to tractors. But, I do own a JD L130.lol. I have worn it out on the property, and I'm facing the same issues as Chug. I need some help from all you experienced guys in choosing a new tractor. I've looked at the JD 2320, 2305 and the Kubota 2660. All with MMM, and FEL. Any updated info or opinions on these possibilities? I will be using it to mostly mow on 2-3 acres of sloping ground and some rough, but cleared terrain near ponds and creek. And of course to "play" with on the rest of mostly wooded, hilly 200 acres. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #37  
Have studied those very machines. Anyone would suit you very well as they are all well made machines. Only you can decide. People tend to project what they want or what they decided into conversations such as this. Your choices specified are all good. Let your pocketbook, your dealer experience, and the seat of your pants be your guide and may the force be with you.:D

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #38  
I'm new to the site, and a newbie/greenhorn when it comes to tractors. But, I do own a JD L130.lol. I have worn it out on the property, and I'm facing the same issues as Chug. I need some help from all you experienced guys in choosing a new tractor. I've looked at the JD 2320, 2305 and the Kubota 2660. All with MMM, and FEL. Any updated info or opinions on these possibilities? I will be using it to mostly mow on 2-3 acres of sloping ground and some rough, but cleared terrain near ponds and creek. And of course to "play" with on the rest of mostly wooded, hilly 200 acres. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have both a JD2305 and a Kubota BX2660. I bought the JD to use on one of our properties where my son and grand children would be using it most of the time to use in conjunction with a JD 425, so I wanted uniformity of controls. I also thought I might like one. I DO NOT like it and have had nothing but trouble with the 62" MMM which will be going back to the dealer for the third time after deer season ends. Deck problems are acknowledged on the JD forum like some of the common "problems" with some Kubotas though they don't rise to this level.

Having said that though, some like the things that I don't, like the brake on the left, side by side HST pedals, 4WD engagement lever, MMM PTO engagement and the throttle position. Other than the MMM, I haven't had any mechanical problems in the two years of ownership and when working properly the MMM give a very good cut.

I don't like all of the plastic on the JD and thin MMM belt.

I generally like JD, just not these models.

Take the advice on here and see if it jibes with your own observations and look at as many tractors as you can including those mentioned as well as NH and others.

My choice is obvious as after using the JD for a while I sold my BX2200 to my son in law and got a new BX2660.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #39  
How would you compare the JD 2320 with the BX2660 or BX25? I'm in a tough situation when it comes to dealers. I'm located in the mts. of eastern Ky. Nearest JD dealer is 35 mi. away and not very large or dependable. Best one located 60 mi. from here. Closest Kubota shop is 25 mi. and doesn't have a very good reputation from the locals. I realize the best way to decide is to put my butt in the seat and try it out. I really value the input found on here from you guys and appreciate your opinions.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #40  
How would you compare the JD 2320 with the BX2660 or BX25? I'm in a tough situation when it comes to dealers. I'm located in the mts. of eastern Ky. Nearest JD dealer is 35 mi. away and not very large or dependable. Best one located 60 mi. from here. Closest Kubota shop is 25 mi. and doesn't have a very good reputation from the locals. I realize the best way to decide is to put my butt in the seat and try it out. I really value the input found on here from you guys and appreciate your opinions.

The JD2320 is a physically larger tractor, no hydro fan, split brakes, adjustable draw bar. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison with the BX. The B2320 is probably the closest of the Kubotas to the JD2320. The JD2305 is in direct competition with the BX's. If you are looking at the subcompacts, the Massey GC series is worth considering as well.