New garage time!

/ New garage time! #1,081  
I had some osb delivered today and the moffet truck placed them on the 4ft concrete apron. When I tried to pick them up afterwards, I was afraid of the fork tips hitting the edge of the concrete. A 5ft apron would allowed some concrete to appear past the osb pile. Jon
awesome. I just had my concrete poured two weeks ago and couldn’t determine apron size...went with 5’.

/ New garage time! #1,082  
I thought 18' would be perfect. The truck could get all 4 tires on it at the same time. After a few months I seen the error in my thinking and extended it a little further.

/ New garage time! #1,083  
I thought 18' would be perfect. The truck could get all 4 tires on it at the same time. After a few months I seen the error in my thinking and extended it a little further.
Yep. We poured a slab in front of our house garage. 26ft. Wouldn't want it any shorter. :)

/ New garage time! #1,085  
I need to pour a slab in front.
I dragged my feet on ours. I didn't have a slab in front of the house or shop at the place I lived for 40 years. Terry was pushing for it. I didn't think it was financially justified. When the first round of stimulus checks showed up they lacked about $400 of paying for our slab and sidewalks. So that pushed me over the hump to invest in the concrete. Now I realize the value. She was right to push for it. But now I want more slab in front of my shop. Embarrassing to go back to Terry and try to convince her we need to do that. I'm going to get my hesitation on the first slab thrown at me. :)

/ New garage time! #1,086  
I dragged my feet on ours. I didn't have a slab in front of the house or shop at the place I lived for 40 years. Terry was pushing for it. I didn't think it was financially justified. When the first round of stimulus checks showed up they lacked about $400 of paying for our slab and sidewalks. So that pushed me over the hump to invest in the concrete. Now I realize the value. She was right to push for it. But now I want more slab in front of my shop. Embarrassing to go back to Terry and try to convince her we need to do that. I'm going to get my hesitation on the first slab thrown at me. :)
Isn't marriage grand!

/ New garage time! #1,088  
Having a large slab in front of your garage is a no-brainer. Dealing with gravel or dirt is a perpetual pain in the ass.

/ New garage time! #1,089  
I agree. We poured a concrete pad between the garage and barn when we built the house. The driveway is gravel (way to long to concrete).

IMG_0812.JPG

MoKelly

/ New garage time! #1,090  
Yeah, that's what I want to end up with. My house/garage door apron is where your house screened porch is. Only have a 4ft sidewalk connecting the two buildings.