New garage time!

/ New garage time! #1,101  
Any update on your Bobcat repower?

/ New garage time! #1,103  
Glad to hear you're still keeping busy! That pantry work was probably nice to break up the monotony of the garage work. I wonder how much you saved in lumber and steel costs, building last year compared to this year.

/ New garage time!
#1,105  
My estimates say I saved about 30k on lumber by doing it last year vs this year considering we're seeing 300-400% increases in wood pricing. Which would have pretty much bankrupted me, i'd be stuck with a half of a building. I'm at the bleeding edge of my savings right now, i need to get paid to move forward.

/ New garage time! #1,106  
My estimates say I saved about 30k on lumber by doing it last year vs this year considering we're seeing 300-400% increases in wood pricing. Which would have pretty much bankrupted me, i'd be stuck with a half of a building. I'm at the bleeding edge of my savings right now, i need to get paid to move forward.
Does that mean you got that all that done for $30K ?

/ New garage time!
#1,108  
I spent 14k on lumber, right now it's sitting at about 300%, that's nearly 45k.

To date i'm at 96k, I just added it up today. From the stone, buying the 24" bucket for the backhoe, buying the bobcat to do cleanup, concrete, block, stone, rebar, wire mesh, pex, lumber, steel joists, siding, garage doors, man doors, nails, screws, rafters, siding, roof panels, trim, and a bit of labor.

/ New garage time! #1,109  
What is the current state of the Bobcat?

/ New garage time!
#1,110  
Haven't needed the bobcat yet so the bobcat isn't fixed yet. I've been on back to back projects with no down time at all even on the weekends. My kubota zero turn blew up end of last season and now spring has sprung, had to fix that. Turns out the hydro filter was at capacity and creating additional load on the mower, causing it to sevearly overheat to the point of popping the radiator. It would run loaded but not really reflective in the RPM, but soon as i hit grass. It was running very poorly, and couldn't tell why. 2 years on the filter and oil, and I've never had an issue like that before, especially in that amount of time. I started air filter, oil filter, oil, hit all the grease points real good, made sure everything was smooth. When it was the last thing to do i completely flushed hte hydraulic system and cleaned it out real good, and that ended up being the case.

Next is a race condition. I fix the ditch witch and trench electric, or I find a scissor lift for a reasonable price to do the roof. Biggest challenge for the roof is getting the panels up there. And trim. All that funs ****. I'm estimating 2 weeks given my work pace, which means rental is $2500 at the current local rates of about $175/day. I refuse to believe I can't find one for $2500 if I just watch the local ads.

There's the ditch witch. While plowing gravel I noticed something when I turned the wheel. The front axle didn't turn. It just shifted one way or the other, side to side. Get under it and realize that the plate pivot point was broken, axle is not attached to anything, just sliding about. So I have to figure that one out.

Next time I'll need the bobbcat is when I dig up the remainder of the concrete or do the stone driveway in 2b to prepare for the asphalt guys. So the jack hammer and old ass backhoe will also make a comeback.