New GR2110

/ New GR2110 #11  
I have a BX and I'm pretty sure it would climb that hill pretty easy, but I would have to use low range. I have a similar hill, and on occasion I have had it in high range, and it pretty much does what you describe, it starts to climb the hill and stalls.

/ New GR2110 #12  
If this mower can't pull itself up a hill, why does Kubota sell a front blade for it? I can't imagine it can push much snow around...

From the specs and sitting on one, I love this mower. The four wheel drive and its Glide Steer are very cool. I have a riding mower that is on its death bed, so I am in the market for a new one. Until I started reading about this mower, the GR2110 was what I was going to buy. I think I need to hold off and do more research.

With a 21 HP diesel, this thing should be able to drive straight up... until traction is lost... not stall or give up!

/ New GR2110 #13  
Well,I think everyone that owns one of these knows the weak point is the hydro_On the other hand,it's still a good bang for the buck :thumbsup:

With all do respect, it isn't a good bang for the buck if it can't go up a hill. At $8k, the hydro (and every other aspect of it) should work.

Considering there are a lot of riding mowers on the market in the $1,000.00 price range, an $8k machine should be top notch.

If everyone that owns one knows the weak point is the hydro, then the hydro is crap. If only a small percentage knew the hydro is the weak link, then the hydro is good enough for 99% of owners.

Driving a 4wd mower up a hill is pretty normal in my book. They sell bar tires for this thing! Jeeze, it should climb!

/ New GR2110 #14  
If this mower can't pull itself up a hill, why does Kubota sell a front blade for it? I can't imagine it can push much snow around...

From the specs and sitting on one, I love this mower. The four wheel drive and its Glide Steer are very cool. I have a riding mower that is on its death bed, so I am in the market for a new one. Until I started reading about this mower, the GR2110 was what I was going to buy. I think I need to hold off and do more research.

With a 21 HP diesel, this thing should be able to drive straight up... until traction is lost... not stall or give up!

I am in the same situation as you. I want to trade in my JDLX188 because I am already on my second transmission at 500 hours, and this one is starting to act up now. I was seriously looking at a new GR diesel with snow blower, but if there are problems, I will reconsider. Philip.

/ New GR2110 #15  
With all do respect, it isn't a good bang for the buck if it can't go up a hill. At $8k, the hydro (and every other aspect of it) should work.

Considering there are a lot of riding mowers on the market in the $1,000.00 price range, an $8k machine should be top notch.

If everyone that owns one knows the weak point is the hydro, then the hydro is crap. If only a small percentage knew the hydro is the weak link, then the hydro is good enough for 99% of owners.

Driving a 4wd mower up a hill is pretty normal in my book. They sell bar tires for this thing! Jeeze, it should climb!

I agree 100%. A weak hydro is unacceptable on this price of a machine. Does anyone know who makes the hydro? I wonder if it is a Tuff-Torq like in my JDLX188? I am not impressed at all with the the Tuff-Torq in my JDLX188. Lawn mower is great, but I replaced tranny at 250 hours and now this one is on its last leg at 250 hours again. Philip.

/ New GR2110
I am in the same situation as you. I want to trade in my JDLX188 because I am already on my second transmission at 500 hours, and this one is starting to act up now. I was seriously looking at a new GR diesel with snow blower, but if there are problems, I will reconsider. Philip.

The dealer called yesterday and ask to come over and check some things Kubota told them are very important. Something to do with forward speed and reverse speeds. They are coming over next Wed.
I don't understand what the forward to reverse speed ratio would have to do with the hydro stalling out.
I'll let you know what happens.

/ New GR2110 #17  
Old Coot: I use to own one of the earlier models (GR2100) and I had the same problem as you. I also had a bagger on mine which made the problem more apparent. Mine would hydro-lock half way up the hill and would not move. If you turn your wheels left or right disengaging one of the rear wheels it would begin to pull but with AWD it stops. I took mine back to the dealer 4 times in 6 months. I was really frustrated with mine and had the dealer work with me to get Kubota to buy it back. I noticed watching locknut's video that his almost stops as he reaches the top of the hill. With a bagger on the back, it would probably not make it up because it adds another 200 lbs plus the weight of the grass. I now have a bx2660 and could not be happier. It is a much better machine (imo). I do miss the tight turning radius of the GR but as a package, the BX is so much better all around. If your land was relatively flat, the GR would be a good machine. If they added a low range to the machine, it would probably fix the issue as well. Just my thoughts. FWIW

/ New GR2110
MJPALMER, it's such a nice mower, if they would just fix that one isssue.
But, I'll bet Kubota will end up saying, THE OPERATOR IS THE PROBLEM.

/ New GR2110 #19  
Old Coot: Your right it is a very nice mower. That's why I bought it. If they can figure a way to get the power to the ground (via a low range) they would have a great product. It handled like a dream.

/ New GR2110 #20  
Although it is only 2 wheel drive, I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE BOUGHT THE LAST G2160-60 that my dealer had in stock. Yes it spins some on the wet grass but in team mowing with its bigger brother the BX2230 that I have, one gets the tight spots around trees and the other gets the hills and bagger duty. Am sorry that you guys are havving so many issues with this tractor as the concept and size are very good but the engineering sucks.

David Kb7uns