New Holland 68 square baler

/ New Holland 68 square baler
If the baler is timed and adjusted correctly that bar will be there forever. I spent more than 15 years servicing NH balers in eastern NY and western CT. I wish you luck, keep asking questions.

Thanks that's great to know.. I spun the baler over and tripped unit by hand a half hour then hooked to the tractor it went well tripped it functioned fine .. tripped 2nd time bam broken flywheel shear pin... Looks like somehow way out of time again with the needles

/ New Holland 68 square baler #42  
An often overlooked step in setting knotter to plunger timing is to put the knotters in the home position by grabbing the needle yoke connecting rod and giving it a jerk rearward. This counter-rotates the knotter shaft, putting the knotter clutch pawl firmly against the stop on the trip arm linkage. Do this, then check and adjust timing. A baler that is in time will not randomly go out of time for no reason.

An often overlooked step in setting knotter to plunger timing is to put the knotters in the home position by grabbing the needle yoke connecting rod and giving it a jerk rearward. This counter-rotates the knotter shaft, putting the knotter clutch pawl firmly against the stop on the trip arm linkage. Do this, then check and adjust timing. A baler that is in time will not randomly go out of time for no reason.

I have figured out the problem there was something that happened to the baler bent that bar and the angle iron the track for the hay rake bolts to so I will have to figure out how to get it straight as it's twisted causing the rake to hit the bar. Maybe cut the angle out weld flat bar in there

Probably do a YouTube video of it

/ New Holland 68 square baler #46  
On the 66 the wadboard is directly connected to the chain that runs around an idler on the outer end of the baler and pushes the hay in to help form the far side of the bale.

I want to thank everyone for the help and suggestions as it seems to be working well so far will test it soon

/ New Holland 68 square baler #49  
Glad you got it going----I still love the old 66 and 68 models, ---great old balers!

Glad you got it going----I still love the old 66 and 68 models, ---great old balers!

Thanks.. I like this one.. I Know one thing those things are like lil tight bricks with maybe 1 inch of play in the strings.