New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #21  
This whole scenario is nightmare fuel.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #22  
I bought my 2015 New Holland Boomer 37 new.
Didn't know it when I bought it that it automatically goes in Regeneration mode every four hours of operation.
The manual says to stop operating the tractor until regeneration is complete. This takes 1/2 hour. It is a real inconvenience.
Nowhere in my owners manual does it say you have to run it at full throttle during regeneration. At about 750 hours July 2021, the regenerations started happening every three hours of operation. Then, all of a sudden, the machine went into DPF engine shutdown mode. Would not rev higher than 1500 RPM and would shut down after 30 seconds. The 30 seconds is so you can move the tractor off the road as necessary. According to the manual, DPF engine shutdown mode happens when the soot level inside the cannister exceeds 140%. After a $600 tow fee to the dealership, computer diagnostics and a forced regeneration, the tractor was running again. It turns out, the cannister did not really have a heavy soot load. Cause of shutdown was not clearly understood, but dealer told me to always run the tractor at full throttle during regeneration, so I have been doing that ever since.
January, 2023 @ 950+- hours. regens started every 3 hours again, then tractor went into shutdown mode again, while plowing snow. Finished plowing at 30 second intervals, between shutdowns. It starts every time, runs at low RPM for 30 seconds, then shuts down.
Service truck will come when they can, but I am without a machine right now. Anyone else had this problem ? I know there are DPF DELETE programs available, but I would rather get to the origin of the problem first. Thanks. Kevin
I have a similar issue with a 2019 Kioti dk5510. Many Kioti owners reporting this issue. My problems started at about 70 hours with what we eventually found out at 460 hours was a leaky turbo. It is a wonderful tractor to work with, however the problems created by tier 4 have ruined it.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode
Thank you, Lt.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #24  
I'm having the same issue on a 2019 Workmaster 50. How can I force a regen? or what needs to be cleaned?
New FPT engine: Tier 4 Final compliant; higher torque rise

Inside, the WORKMASTER 50, 60 and 70 models are powered by new FPT Tier 4 Final emissions-compliant, three-cylinder turbo-charged engines.

To meet tough Tier 4 Final emissions standards, the New Holland emissions treatment system uses a combination of internal exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) to control nitrogen oxides (NOx) and a particulate matter (PM) catalyst. Unlike other tractors that require extra fluids, or that use a diesel particulate filter (DPF) that must be “regenerated,” the New Holland system is completely automatic, with no need to stop working while the tractor regenerates.

The new engines also produce more torque for increased performance. Compared to the Tier 3 engines in previous models, the new WORKMASTER tractors benefit from greater torque rise—up to 28% on the WORKMASTER 70—for more responsive power in tough conditions under load, like mowing in tall grass with a rotary cutter or digging into a packed pile of material with a front-end loader.

New Holland WORKMASTER tractors include new styling and Tier 4 Final engines

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode
I bought my 2015 New Holland Boomer 37 new.
Didn't know it when I bought it that it automatically goes in Regeneration mode every four hours of operation.
The manual says to stop operating the tractor until regeneration is complete. This takes 1/2 hour. It is a real inconvenience.
Nowhere in my owners manual does it say you have to run it at full throttle during regeneration. At about 750 hours July 2021, the regenerations started happening every three hours of operation. Then, all of a sudden, the machine went into DPF engine shutdown mode. Would not rev higher than 1500 RPM and would shut down after 30 seconds. The 30 seconds is so you can move the tractor off the road as necessary. According to the manual, DPF engine shutdown mode happens when the soot level inside the cannister exceeds 140%. After a $600 tow fee to the dealership, computer diagnostics and a forced regeneration, the tractor was running again. It turns out, the cannister did not really have a heavy soot load. Cause of shutdown was not clearly understood, but dealer told me to always run the tractor at full throttle during regeneration, so I have been doing that ever since.
January, 2023 @ 950+- hours. regens started every 3 hours again, then tractor went into shutdown mode again, while plowing snow. Finished plowing at 30 second intervals, between shutdowns. It starts every time, runs at low RPM for 30 seconds, then shuts down.
Service truck will come when they can, but I am without a machine right now. Anyone else had this problem ? I know there are DPF DELETE programs available, but I would rather get to the origin of the problem first. Thanks. Kevin
I have another question: This tractor will not start in cold weather anymore. When it was newer, I had no problem. Now, I have to run a heater on the engine to warm it up for starting in winter. I used starting ether a couple of times and that worked on the cold engine.
1. Is this a glow plug issue?
2. Will starting ether damage the engine or emissions system? Thanks

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #26  
I just deleted the system on my 2015 LS xg3032. our two tractors are practically identical. To remove the system all you have to do is run power from the ignition to the solenoid. Unplug the other plugs which go to the solenoid. The solenoid plug that you run power to is two wires - make one go to ground, the other goes to the ignition(hot). In addition to this you remove the DPF filter, and knock out what is remaining behind it. The only other thing you have to do is run a throttle cable from the hand throttle to the lever on the injection pump.

Good luck putting it in the shop for repairs if you go that route. I put mine in the shop and paid $4,700, waited 1 1/2 years, got it back just for it to go into limp mode again very soon after. I ended up taking it to a local retired tractor mechanic and we had that thing running in 30 minutes just by removing the solenoid as a first test. The only reason you need to run power to the solenoid is so the ignition can shut the tractor off.

Private message me if you have any questions or would like some pictures for reference.
Jrasband how is your ls performing now that you deleted it can I do my boomer 33 the same way? Thanks gene

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #27  
Jrasband how is your tractor performing now that you deleted it can I do it to my boomer 33 the same way? Thanks gene

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #28  
I have gone through four tanks of fuel it is running great! Seems to have a good bit more power too without the restriction of the DPF filter. There is a beeper in the ignition which goes off when it is in gear via the neutral safety switch. This can be fixed by rewiring the neutral safety switch to the ignition, or eliminating the switch. It is getting annoying, anytime the rpm is lower than 2,000 you can hear it. Also the neutral safety switch is very sensitive so it often beeps in neutral too lol.

Overall a huge success and pretty easy to do, it is so nice to finally have this tractor back in action.

gene21 your tractor would be the same procedure.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #29  
I find that high rpm counter productive. It's a diesel, not a gasser. Diesels are built for lower rpm. The gummit is always right, right?
I operate mine always above 2200 RPM, which would be low for a gasser. With an HST machine, the engine is driving a pump, not a gearbox and I operate it like I would any other hydraulicly driven machine. (Think skid-steer or mini) My New Holland regens about every 25 to 30 hours and it is approaching 300 hours on the machine. My PTO speed is at about 2500 RPM and it is designed to operate there all day long. Fuel economy wise, the New Holland burns twice as much fuel as my other tractor though, at about 1 gallon per hour. It's not really all that surprising since it's twice the weight and twice the horsepower.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #30  
I find that high rpm counter productive. It's a diesel, not a gasser. Diesels are built for lower rpm. The gummit is always right, right?
Maybe some diesels, I have found that my Shibaura 1.5L turbo performs best when at full throttle 2,500 rpm. I found tat to be the case with a few other newer model tractors as well..