New Home Build. Plan Review.

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #92  
this looks really nice and I think with some little tweaks you would be very happy with it......3-10 is not enough space between island and counter especially with the frig traffic there......slide the island towards the dining room and get at least 5 feet there......

I agree.
I have a kitchen simular in design and I just measured the space between the island and the counter and mine is 4'6". We have the fridge on the end of the island and there is 5' 4" between the island and the fridge.

/ New Home Build. Plan Review.
I agree.
I have a kitchen simular in design and I just measured the space between the island and the counter and mine is 4'6". We have the fridge on the end of the island and there is 5' 4" between the island and the fridge.

I will definitely have to look into this. We would be cutting into the dining space a bit, but it may be worth it given the amount of time you spend in the kitchen in that area vs. the lose of a foot in the dining space.

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #94  
In my previous house we had a corner of cabinets in the kitchen like you do in yours. A lot of space hard to get to on top and bottom The house we are in now has an angled pantry in that corner and it is a so much better use of space. The refrigerator is on one side and double oven on the other.

In my previous house we had a corner of cabinets in the kitchen like you do in yours. A lot of space hard to get to on top and bottom The house we are in now has an angled pantry in that corner and it is a so much better use of space. The refrigerator is on one side and double oven on the other.

Going to try going with something like this:

drawer.jpg

Figured I would also show other possible rooflines and elevations:

ROOF.jpg

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #96  
   / New Home Build. Plan Review. #97  

never seen base cab drawers like that before...interesting......what kind of hardware are they using as I don't see any side mounted slides.....I would think there would be a lot of stress on it so must be something heavy duty.......Jack

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #98  
How to make maximum use of dreaded kitchen corner- the initial design.IMG_2187.JPG

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #99  

Your corner cabinet will go straight back so you will not be using the space in each back corner and the space in the front corners, in the small triangles, is really not usable. The cabinet above in the corner will have an access problem on the upper shelves because of the reach.

Your corner cabinet will go straight back so you will not be using the space in each back corner and the space in the front corners, in the small triangles, is really not usable. The cabinet above in the corner will have an access problem on the upper shelves because of the reach.

Open to suggestions. At this point we're pretty happy with what we have. Can't change a lot without drastically changing the rest I don't believe.