New Home Build. Plan Review.

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #101  
Your corner cabinet will go straight back so you will not be using the space in each back corner and the space in the front corners, in the small triangles, is really not usable. The cabinet above in the corner will have an access problem on the upper shelves because of the reach.

The cabinets above access issue is true for any corner cabinets up high. That's where you store the ugly dishes that you only get out when Aunt Milley comes to visit. ;)

/ New Home Build. Plan Review.
House plan is done (changed a few things), and filing for permits soon. Plan to break ground in June. We just had the driveway built (excavator finished yesterday), septic system is designed and permit issued, PPL plans are done, staked, and just waiting for good weather to put in. Well will be drilled asap weather permitting.

I MAY start a build thread, but not sure if I'm ambitious enough to keep up with it. :)

firstfloor.jpgsecondfloor.jpg

Attachments

• A-1.jpg
    A-1.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 128
  • A-2.jpg
    A-2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
   / New Home Build. Plan Review. #103  
House plan is done (changed a few things), and filing for permits soon. Plan to break ground in June. We just had the driveway built (excavator finished yesterday), septic system is designed and permit issued, PPL plans are done, staked, and just waiting for good weather to put in. Well will be drilled asap weather permitting.

I MAY start a build thread, but not sure if I'm ambitious enough to keep up with it. :)

View attachment 587659View attachment 587660

Just document everything and take lots of photos each time you are out there. Then post mass updates once in a while VS trying to keep up with it daily.

Sounds exciting. Good luck on the project. :thumbsup:

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #104  
Floorplans pics look kinda fuzzy..... or I'm having some vision issues. :)

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #105  
The plans look good. Call me strange, but I always like a separate closed door "poop room" in the master bath. Some things you don't want to share!

Updated with better sized files...I think :)

/ New Home Build. Plan Review. #109  
The plans look good. Call me strange, but I always like a separate closed door "poop room" in the master bath. Some things you don't want to share!

Concur, with Panasonic spec vent fans. :)

Sure looks like a nice plan to me with vast amounts of storage. It's hard for me to foresee issues with designs, but I'm not an architect.

Thanks for sharing.

Why June start? Just asking because if weather is a problem and if it takes 5-6 months to build, that would put you in winter??? Is it a contractor timing thing?

Concur, with Panasonic spec vent fans. :)

Sure looks like a nice plan to me with vast amounts of storage. It's hard for me to foresee issues with designs, but I'm not an architect.

Thanks for sharing.

Why June start? Just asking because if weather is a problem and if it takes 5-6 months to build, that would put you in winter??? Is it a contractor timing thing?

Yeah, our builder has another small house lined up for March. He plans to start ours in June.