New Horse Barn - Old horses

/ New Horse Barn - Old horses
citytransplant said:
Nice lil set up you have for 'Bama... a beautiful mare.
Sorry about your recent loss. I agree, it was nice that she got a chance to spend some time at your house.

Nice pic of the PHD also.

Thanks - I put the PHD to work again yesterday - I'm fencing in their next pasture. I dug about 500' of fence line yesterday - the PHD makes things go so fast. The one problem here in Salem is the amount of stone I dig into. I've already worn down another set of cutting edges. Good thing their cheap.

/ New Horse Barn - Old horses #22  
Thanks all,
It really was too bad. I had been working every weekend on getting it done so she could come home, I just fell a weekend short. The extreme rain we've experienced along with a bout with pneumonia, were set-backs.
This past week she had been acting very irritated and seemed to have an issue particularly on one side. Friday night she was extremely uncomfortable and quite dangerous to be in the stall with, striking out with front and rear kicks. A lot of power in the old gal. She was a fighter till the end. She had various illnesses in the past and wasn't expected to pull through but always fought her way back. She had a good life.
The barn will get finished just without the pressure. Anyone with a spouse that loves animals knows that the stalls won't stay empty forever. She won't go looking, but rather something will find her, I'm pretty sure.

/ New Horse Barn - Old horses
shvl73 said:
Anyone with a spouse that loves animals knows that the stalls won't stay empty forever. She won't go looking, but rather something will find her, I'm pretty sure.

Truer words were never spoken. I haven't said a word to my wife about it - but I've already seen her looking at a few of the local Morgan breeders web pages... I can see the gears, and if they aren't yet turning, they're definitely getting warmed up.