New House Build in WA

/ New House Build in WA #2  
Great start to your future. I was just over on the Peninsula yesterday, it was beautiful. It’s a great place to put down your roots. Looking forward to hearing your story.

/ New House Build in WA #3  
Very nice homestead! As long as you can secure subs, you should be in good shape. Looking forward to seeing the development.

/ New House Build in WA #4  
Is your shop a stick frame or pole frame? Did you compare building costs of both or just a preference of one over the other?

/ New House Build in WA #5  
We started our house build in 18. Got the permit occupancy in May 19. Not completely finished, but enough to be done with the building dept on the house. Was able to get the garage and work shop/storage building built in 19. We built kitchen cabinets the winter of 19/20. Winter of 20/21 was spent getting workshop set up. Then rough cut pine and white cedar was milled for window and door trim and wainscoat boards in the house. We wanted to build the back deck and lean to for fire wood storage last summer, but lumber prices put that on hold. The summers were spent working outside. We are glad we got the buildings built when we did. You have been through a lot to get where you are with your build. Looking forward to your progress. Jon

/ New House Build in WA #6  
I ran a 1” water line out to the future barn area. Yes, there’s a well out that way but not knowing what the long term viability of it is I wanted a second option out there. Doing it now means I don’t have to dig around retaining walls or driveways in the future.

No more clearing will take place out this direction for a while. I just started permitting of a 20x30 agricultural building (barn) and once I get the green light on that I’ll begin to clear. I also ordered a tractor so will be able to do it with my own machine this time instead of a rental.

Consider running conduit for electrical and open conduit for future use if you can fit that in the budget.
You will be glad you picked uP a tractor early in the project, it will be valuable to your efforts. Share what you ordered.

/ New House Build in WA #7  
Beautiful area! The rock wall guy knows what he's doing. Looks great.

Good call on buying your lumber package before the "reset". Saving 40% or more is huge.

/ New House Build in WA #8  
You have really overcome some significant obstacles to get where you are now.

/ New House Build in WA
You have really overcome some significant obstacles to get where you are now.
Thanks. This is my 4th home that I’m building from the ground up and I certainly feel at times like I’m stumbling along having bit off too much.