New House Build in WA

/ New House Build in WA #41  
This is a fun thread because you are doing things that I have never seen before, or even heard of.

What is the reason for all of the lumber under your headers? Looks like 4 boards above the big windows that are attached to the bottom of the header, but not supported by a jack stud.

/ New House Build in WA #42  
I still don't get why you can't have an unfinished basement, with stairs going down to it. Just an empty concrete room for storage and your mechanical stuff. Just about every house that isn't in a flood plain has that here in Michigan. It's not, nor will ever be, finished space, so it's barely taxed, and it certainly doesn't add $250k to the build.

/ New House Build in WA #43  

Robert_Actual

No argument about the city or county wanting the tax to the max.
In fact I would say we really don't own our own houses even if fully paid for.
If in doubt, try to skip paying property taxes for a year or two.
Oh well, never mind :unsure:

As a builder you must be fully aware that some of those "unfinished basement got finished without a permit in the first 8 years of ownership" will have problems which the next owner will eventually have to deal with.

Some of them are fine, depending who did the work.

/ New House Build in WA #44  
Framing nearly done in only 2 weeks. Printed studs and all studs pre cut are a huge time saver and something I plan on using on all further builds I’m working on. Framers loved it too. I’ll work on more landscape stuff tomorrow and trusses get delivered on Tuesday.
looks like a lot of trees for greater Seattle. You arnt the one building on Magnolia with the 13 car garage are you? Would explain the extra $250,000 for the 2000 sq ft basement

/ New House Build in WA #45  
Sweet progress. I love those attic-room trusses. I used them on my pole barn build because why the heck not get all that useable space for a minor upcharge. Looks like you just barely needed the top hats eh.

/ New House Build in WA #46  
What span are those attic space trusses? I do like the design myself.

/ New House Build in WA #47  
Love to look of trusses all lined up!!!!

/ New House Build in WA #48  
Glad to hear you locked down your lumber package last year. I could not stomach paying for all that OSB at current prices. It hurts to think about it.

/ New House Build in WA #49  
This is weird. I was wondering about this build and decided to look it up to see if I've missed anything. All his posts are gone except the one I quoted, which is his very first post, and then one other. Did he delete everything or did TBN delete it for him? Can you delete your comments after a month or more?