New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #461  
Good progress.

/ New House Build in WV #462  
Good looking home and appears well thought out.

Is it me, the picture angle or is that HVAC controller crooked?

/ New House Build in WV
Good looking home and appears well thought out.

Is it me, the picture angle or is that HVAC controller crooked?

The layout does work well, but like everything, I’d make a few changes if starting over.

It does look crooked in the picture, but it’s level on the wall. Must be picture angle.

/ New House Build in WV
Still moving forward but as usual not as fast as I’d like. Lots of late nights installing closet organizers and other inside stuff. Daylight time has been spent on the outside. Got the back of the house mostly sided and the garage end completed.

Rented a metal brake today on the way home from work and started bending metal for the front porch beams. Have to get the metal up before I can move on with siding and soffit.

I’ve never used a metal brake before, but I picked it up quickly and my first piece turned out well.

A few progress pics.

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

/ New House Build in WV #465  
Kitchen and bathroom looking good. Oh, you are getting sooooo close. Keep it up.

/ New House Build in WV
Kitchen and bathroom looking good. Oh, you are getting sooooo close. Keep it up.

Thanks!

Wife has already moved most of her kitchen stuff and clothes, so I see the beds moving soon. It’s livable just trying to hold her off until I get more trim in. Not sure how much longer I can hold her off though.

Will paint trim in the morning and then continue with bending and installing metal.

/ New House Build in WV #467  
Once your in, it’s done, finished or not. DAMHIK.

Looking good. That narrow roof strip will be fun

/ New House Build in WV #469  
I noticed the exposed ZIP Siding and my first thought is how rich you have to be to have some of that nowadays. $80 a sheet the last time I looked!!!! I bet you are so happy that you bought your materials before the world went crazy.

/ New House Build in WV #470  
Looking good! My dad had a brake we used for all sorts of trim work, siding, flashing, etc, and it was awesome. I was a whiz on it as a kid. I've spent the past 30+ years wishing I had my own. I rent them from time to time and probably just need to bite the bullet and buy one.