New house finally under way

/ New house finally under way #21  
I tend to be a bit impatient and want to see completion. A characteristic not valued in home construction..... ;)

Good to have neighbors willing to help!!!!

/ New house finally under way #22  
Told you it would be slow. But finally an update. A couple neighbors came over a few weeks ago and helped set the LVL floor beams. A friend came today and helped set half the floor trusses.

View attachment 559742View attachment 559743

Any chance that your friend was TnAndy? Sure looks like the trusses he posted a picture of, helping a friend.

/ New house finally under way #23  
prichard, sorry for the delay to answer. I hopefully will be moving there sometime early next year.

/ New house finally under way #24  
Looks like a fun project. I have built 4 houses from scratch—- bought the land and a materials and hired contractors as necessary. Borrowed money early on but built with cash the last two. There are many options with materials nowadays so make sure they are time tested. Also, with all the granite around you definitely should test for RADON when you move in and treat accordingly. Not a big deal but make sure you put a pipe under your slab to exhaust it out.

/ New house finally under way
No, Eddie, I don't think it was TNAndy, lol.

Let me know when you get up this way JP.

Thanks for the reminder on Radon, Joe. We are in one of the worst counties in the state per sampling. I'm putting in provisions for remediation and will test.

Been a while since I've updated. Over the summer we got decking done.

I've got a friend I mentioned earlier. Told him if he had any time between jobs to come frame.

Mobile is not including pics. Have to get them on computer and add.

Pics

Framing getting there:

20181003_183542.jpg20181003_183615.jpg20181003_183612.jpg

Attachments

• 20180707_130811[1].jpg
    20180707_130811[1].jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 163
   / New house finally under way #28  
Looks good. Is it a two story house? The angle of the decking made me think it was a roof at first, but then I looked closer and it looks like a second story floor.

No that's just tilted phone or perspective - it's level.

That is first floor over crawlspace.

It'll be single story ranch.

I have trusses on order to be here in a couple weeks. Trying to line up help to set them.

/ New house finally under way #30  
OK, I see why I was confused. It's the last picture, so I thought they where in order. :)