New house finally under way

/ New house finally under way #81  
So, they were finally able to get out here and frac on Friday. Only gained 1 gpm. 2.5 gpm at 600'. The good news is water level is about 30' so we have close to 1000 gallons in the well. He's working up pump options fir is but it shouldn't be an issue keeping up with house demands we'll just have to be selective when we water gardens.

Plan to finish up electrical to well tomorrow then build a well house.

Glad it's gonna work for you. I was afraid you wouldn't have that much storage. Good deal!!!

/ New house finally under way #82  
I had a house in the big city up here vacant waiting to sell and the water bill was $250/month. With no usage. Base rate. Crazy expensive once they add metro fees, etc.

Oh wow!!! That would hurt!!!

/ New house finally under way
Thanks Richard. Not ideal but workable. It us making county water look cheap. :(

/ New house finally under way #84  
I never could justify a well vs. rural water, even filling a pool and watering a garden my bill averaged $20-$50 a month more (average $30) about 8 months of the year = $240 a year.

I had a house in the big city up here vacant waiting to sell and the water bill was $250/month. With no usage. Base rate. Crazy expensive once they add metro fees, etc.

Crazy expensive today.

My rural deep well, 325' deep, cost us a grand total of $1900 for a complete job, drilling, and all the components and labor including the electrical right up to and including the storage tank in the basement. Never replaced a single item until this past September, 45 years later. That would equate to $42.23 cost per year, plus the electricity to operate the submersible well pump of course. :)

/ New house finally under way #85  
Using the average inflation rate of 2.28% your $1900 is equal to $10,800 today.

So the OP actually got a better deal than you did back then. :)

/ New house finally under way #86  
Good to hear you have ample water because wells can be hit or miss. House is looking good!

I built a home 15 years ago here (in northern WV) and hit ironish water at 40', then good (6 gallon per minute) water at 90', so well was sealed to 90 then dug to 120 for reserve. Then again as wet is it is around here a cistern would probably suffice....

Been awhile since I've updated.

We have roof, siding on 3 sides, decks built and backfill done.

Inside electric is done, HVAC guy has to come back for a couple small things, but my plumber disappeared after doing about 1/2 the job. Guess I'll be finishing that. 20190628_190935.jpeg20190628_184151.jpeg20190616_170932.jpeg20190616_170909.jpeg

/ New house finally under way #88  
   / New house finally under way #89  
Pretty fancy deck. Are they 5/4 thick boards?

All permits are in my name. County allows homeowner permit.

My buddy who has helped on other parts designed and installed the decks. He does nice work.
Yes, they are 5/4.