new husky 545 replace echo cs500p

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #1  

tjkubota93

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota bx1860
I bought a echo cs500p about a year ago. I liked the metal consruction, adjustable oiler, and no converter exhaust. But it was a pain in the rear! It had several no-starts. After looking in the carb, i noticed more than once the air filter was letting fine dirt in. It had some goofy 2 piece filter.
So after talking to a smarty pants echo service rep woman who did not believe me, i sold it down the river and bought a husky 545. My buddy has one and it screams! Didnt like idea of auto tune, but my friend hasnt had any problems.
Anyone else have echo troubles? I had a weedeater and blower from echo10 years ago and they were awesome. Thats part of the reason i bought the cs500p turd.

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #2  
My Echo CS670, CS400 and CS360T have been excellent saws. I've had the 670 ten years now and I replaced the bar tension adjuster but that has been it. I've had the 400 for three years and its been flawless. I bought the 360T a couple of years ago because I wanted a top handle saw that I could use one handed to trim trees. But I have a should injury that really requires a two handed saw so it has been rarely used and I may sell it.

I hope to add a CS8000 to my arsenal within the next year. So, I am a big fan of Echo products.

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #3  
My Echo saws have been great, and notably easier to start consistently than my Husky or Stihl saws. The 500P is a good saw, so sorry to hear you had problems with it. The equivalent Husky would have been a 550XP in my opinion, but the 545 is no slouch. Husky auto tune saws have been good performers for me.

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #4  
I bought a echo cs500p about a year ago. I liked the metal consruction, adjustable oiler, and no converter exhaust. But it was a pain in the rear! It had several no-starts. After looking in the carb, i noticed more than once the air filter was letting fine dirt in. It had some goofy 2 piece filter.
So after talking to a smarty pants echo service rep woman who did not believe me, i sold it down the river and bought a husky 545. My buddy has one and it screams! Didnt like idea of auto tune, but my friend hasnt had any problems.
Anyone else have echo troubles? I had a weedeater and blower from echo10 years ago and they were awesome. Thats part of the reason i bought the cs500p turd.

I probably talked to the same woman when I called Echo. She informed me that Echo never made a CS330 ??
I informed her that they must have made one. She had no comment!

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p
Yeah i really didnt expect that out of echo. My buddies 545 ran circles around my 500p. I think the 545 is a step up and the 550xp would be 2 steps up.
I didnt get a 550xp because i couldnt justify $100 extra for firewood use. And i dont like the gray two tone.

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #6  
Why didn't you take it back to the dealer?

2 reasons.
-There is not one around here that i trust. -I believe the air filter design was defective and could not be repaired.

Dirt would pass right through it. I called echo to inquire about it and talked to an idiot. So its not my problem now. That could make me unreasonable or lazy. But now i have a saw that works better and more reliable.

I am an acomplished mechanic and an unreasonable perfectionist. I have not seen anywhere in town where i would trust the losers they employ to fix any of my stuff.

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #9  
okay, they do have a 5 year warranty.

/ new husky 545 replace echo cs500p #10  
I never put much confidence in a warranty. If you read any warranty, it is worded to protect the company!
I know several people that have been denied coverage for a seized engine when they used the same fuel mix for their other saws! !