New Hydraulic hoses

/ New Hydraulic hoses #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Just finished replacing most of the hydraulic hoses on my L3600, GB loader.. I think 18 hoses this time. I had already replaced the top link and side link hoses, but then had 2 loader hoses blow in about 2 weeks, decided it was time to change the rest. The first 2 I had made at the local CarQuest, had to have them to move the tractor, and they were good and fast, but a little pricy. So I did some measuring and ordered from Central Surplus. Those were all 3/8" with JIC 6 swivel female connectors, so I had to get the right fittings. Most were oring # 6 to JIC6, got them from CS, but some were different enough I didn't know what they were so went back to CarQuest and NAPA for the adaptors. Somewhat of a challenge, but I think I saved $60-120 per hose depending on the length. Messy, some money, but if they last 30 years like the originals, I won't have to worry about it. The old ones were in bad shape when I bought the tractor last fall, probably should have done it sooner. All the new ones are now wrapped with spiral wrap, fastened to the frame where they need to be, a lot neater and safer.

Attachments

• HsoS+Q6CQsyr+tNYYeT4zg.jpg
    HsoS+Q6CQsyr+tNYYeT4zg.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 27
  • V8STDAUfRmGRfeDACdHsFA.jpg
    V8STDAUfRmGRfeDACdHsFA.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26