New L 02 Series

/ New L 02 Series
That's interesting. I wonder why? The lack of emissions equipment on the L2501 is not only a selling point from a reliability standpoint, but reduces the cost of the machine. This negates all the benefits.

While I'm very happy with my tractor, it is no powerhouse by any means and I have often wished for more power when running the brush-hog in dense fields. A move like this will drive people to buy the higher horsepower machines. Of course the used market for 2501's will skyrocket, so maybe I shouldn't complain. :)

/ New L 02 Series #12  
Spec'd out the L3302 with loader and came in at over $32k. Ouch.

/ New L 02 Series #13  
While I'm very happy with my tractor, it is no powerhouse by any means and I have often wished for more power when running the brush-hog in dense fields. A move like this will drive people to buy the higher horsepower machines. Of course the used market for 2501's will skyrocket, so maybe I shouldn't complain. :)

F5AAFE98-F9B8-4F32-BD03-F33CD6E02B3D.jpeg

I’m working on a solution to that L2501 problem 😉

Mike

/ New L 02 Series #14  
The picture of it with specs was all in metric, is that model maybe just a european/British variant?

/ New L 02 Series #17  
What will you use to tune it?

I’ve been logging the factory EGT’s for the last several weeks to obtain a baseline before the turbo is added.

Based on the information from a couple other successful turbo L2501’s, we’re not anticipating any need to alter timing so, at this point, just the fuel set screw.

So, basically, we’ll be using the EGT readings and the manual fuel screw to tune the engine.

Mike

/ New L 02 Series #18  
Let us know how that goes.
I would be interested in seeing how much more power you can make, in the 2000-2200 rpm range

I will.

Turbo sizing for this application is key due to the low RPM/narrow operating range. With this turbo, we’re expecting 45HP/35PTO @ 2,200 RPM.

The delay thus far…trying to get the tractor to a PTO dyno for a baseline. I just don’t have too many options in my area. My local Kubota dealer returned their PTO dyno due to its infrequent use. I have a couple more places to call. I’m just trying to avoid a long drive to Oregon.

Mike

/ New L 02 Series #19  
Way too many electronics on these newer tractors for me to ever think about buying a new one (same goes for trucks).
To each their own but a hair less than 2800 hours on this '10 L3940 and no repairs yet except a couple batteries, knock on wood.

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
   / New L 02 Series #20  
I just jumped onto the Kubota website and saw that they have updated the Standard L line up with a new series. New 3302 and 3902 tractors. Seems like a nice refresh of the line up, but I'm surprised it does not include the L2501 too. From what I see as new features:

- Upgraded seat with Optional arm rests
- Switch controlled PTO (HST only?)
- No more clutch on the HST tractors
- Brakes on the left side on HST tractors
- Upgraded LA526 Loader (specs seem similar to the 525, but bucket may be different?)
- Integrated 3rd function option
- New Fuel Pre-Filter with Water-In-Fuel indicator on the dash
- LED Headlights and work lights in the side panels
- Rubber floor mat.

Very nice!
These are many of the same model refresh options that were offered on the MX machines last year. The MX also have telescoping lift arms and stationary pto operation by push button.