New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions?

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #11  
My L2501DT does not seem loud but I do not have another tractor to compare it to like you do. I don't have HST so no whine, just the diesel motor. It does have a rattle around 1500 rpm and only around that rpm. Lower or higher than 1500 rpm it goes away.when I hear the rattle I just push the throttle a little to move past it.

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions?
My L2501DT does not seem loud but I do not have another tractor to compare it to like you do. I don't have HST so no whine, just the diesel motor. It does have a rattle around 1500 rpm and only around that rpm. Lower or higher than 1500 rpm it goes away.when I hear the rattle I just push the throttle a little to move past it.

Thank you for the info! (0:

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #13  
Hearing damage is cumulative.

I suggest ear muffs or ear plugs. I wear one or the other when operating my tractor. eBay is a particularly good source for ear plugs.

Beginning in mid-60's you pay out-of-pocket for cumulative hearing disregard during younger years .

Last edited:
Hearing damage is cumulative.

I suggest ear muffs or ear plugs. I wear one or the other when operating my tractor. eBay is a particularly good source for ear plugs.

Beginning in mid-60's you pay for cumulative hearing abuse during younger years out-of-pocket.

Didn't know earplugs were on eBay! Will have to check it out. I wear them running my ZD326. Now that's a loud machine!

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #15  
I have used multiple brands and types of ear plugs. I have found flanged/tapered ear plugs to be considerably more effective than foam cylinders.

These are my current favorites. Ten sets / $11.

Fit/comfort of ear plugs is highly individual.

LINK: ULTRAFIT REUSABLE EAR PLUG 3M E.A.R. 34-44 WITH CORD | eBay

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #16  
I have noticed at idle, my new B2650 seemed louder than my older B2400. The 2650 is more open around sides of engine, whereas my 2400 was pretty much enclosed. The new one is still pretty quiet though, neighbor asked what it had for engine as he couldn't hear it running when I was mowing the yard!!

I have noticed at idle, my new B2650 seemed louder than my older B2400. The 2650 is more open around sides of engine, whereas my 2400 was pretty much enclosed. The new one is still pretty quiet though, neighbor asked what it had for engine as he couldn't hear it running when I was mowing the yard!!

That's interesting. Maybe Kubota is cutting back on noise dampening. Ear plugs are gonna be a must. Not so with my L3830

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #18  
I have an L3301 at work and one at home and both HST are way louder than our old B2710 HST

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #19  
My L2501DT is not quite as loud as the video. I would ask the dealer if he could stop by your house/place one day when he is nearby and take a listen just to be sure. This is my first diesel and it is louder than my old Ford 8N that has a newer muffler on it. I use the full cover type of headphones (like the one's for shooting guns) that has a built in radio and just turn it on when riding the diesel. The first time I used my 5' finishing mower, good Lord...I thought I was completely deaf when I finished. Never again without hearing protecting. Three blades whirring close behind is a lot more noise than the diesel. :eek:

/ New L2501 seems really loud! Suggestions? #20  
I have the B2601 and it is quieter. Watching the video, I noticed the gray area on the side of the engine hood has more engine area exposed than on the 2601. Mine stops about 3" or so above the frame. There could be more engine noise escaping with your machine.