Oil & Fuel New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #31  
Yep, change out BOTH front and rear fuel filters, fresh fuel filled to the cap, double dose of white bottle power service, should be all set. Wont hurt a thing doing a triple dose of white bottle PS either.
I would get a battery tender hooked up to the battery and leave it on there (24/7) whenever your not running the tractor as well... especially if your tractor sits for long periods of time.

I own a BX23s, zero issues with it in cold weather!

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #32  
Glad you didn't have to make your tractor an orphan! LOL
I buy my fuel from a reputable high volume dealer, they have winter blend which from what I understand is cut with Kerosene at a 60/40 ratio, 60 being Kero. This is off road diesel and so far i have no issues starting mine down to 15 degrees or so.
I still haven't addressed the no charge issue but that's another story...lol

I if you would be looking for some Marvel Mystery Oil at Wally World (Wal-Mart).

Can I Use Kerosene in my Diesel? | Blain's Farm & Fleet Blog

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #33  
Change fuel filter
Agreed. Not sure about your BX23S but there are two fuel filters on my BX25D. The lower one under the floorboard was the culprit for me, and at low hours like you. Since then no problem... but I don't normally fire mine up below freezing. I'm a fair weather tractor guy unless duty calls.

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #34  
For your lift prob are you at higher rpm,wot? Also you can get gauge and check hyd pressure if close to spec or add shims to bump pressure, sometimes fac setting are 2-300 low.search for posts about this if you think weight of object is lot less than specs

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #35  
65 miles east of Boston.. is the middle of. The Atlantic Ocean...hope your BX has a snorkel kit.

Well, he didn't say exactly due east. Looks more ESE. I am curious about the airport that seems to be about 25 miles offshore though.

OffShore.jpg

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #36  
Wow, must be something about the newer BX’s. My 2009 BX25 sits in cold weather well below freezing, and as low as -20 or even -30. No fuel additives, no battery chargers, nothing. It ALWAYS starts right up and runs like a top. I just warm it up for 5-10 minutes before starting any heavy work. Or maybe we have better diesel up here? (I know they do sell "Winter Diesel" in the winter.)

EDIT: If it is really cold, I will plug in the block heater for maybe an hour before starting up.