New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #41  
You appear to forget what you say 😂 :ROFLMAO:

Here, I'll fix it for ya 😂

Your ''gun violence'' comment is used twice ! 😂

Again. not intelligent enough to understand, an inanimate object isn't capable of committing violence ! PROFESSOR !😂:ROFLMAO:

RSR said:
Your comment makes some very broad assumptions about the individuals that own guns legally, and those that don't.

Let me rephrase the same question to you. If gun laws only hinder the rights of law-abiding citizens and leave them unprotected, why is there a clear inverse correlation between the strictness of state gun laws and gun violence? (i.e., states with strict gun laws have much lower rates of gun violence, and vice versa).

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #42  
I agree with what you are saying. Unlike many readers on this forum seem to be able to comprehend, it's a complex issue, and is fraught with legal complexity. Yet it's still a problem.xv

As you said, a lot of the solutions are a very heavy lift. As I said initially, it's not that I think what this mayor is doing is right, or for that matter, has a chance of standing up to a legal challenge (as someone else posted NM gun laws are even broader than federal laws), but at least she is trying. I appreciate that.
I dont appreciate it at all and if just ONE person dies or is raped or seriously injured because they weren’t allowed to carry their firearm, then that blood is on her hands and she should suffer all legal consequences.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #43  
You said ''gun violence'' Do you not understand a gun is an inanimate object ?
inanimate objects ie Guns, rocks, sticks, etc ?

Not personal attacks :rolleyes:. If stating facts are personal attacks,,, so be it
"Gun violence" is the accepted vernacular for violence perpetrated on one person by another while using a firearm. Just like "domestic violence" doesn't mean violence perpetrated by a domicile.

I'm sure you already knew that, though.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #44  
"Gun violence" is the accepted vernacular for violence perpetrated on one person by another while using a firearm. Just like "domestic violence" doesn't mean violence perpetrated by a domicile.

I'm sure you already knew that, though.
Accepted by whom, The unintelligent, your type, or both ? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You are saying an inanimate object committed violence and that isn't possible :ROFLMAO:

It would completely blow your mind to come here. My state just did away with CC permits !
The majority of the crimes here are being committed by the city that is controlled by ... well, I won't say because it wouldn't be PC.. But it's controlled your type :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #45  
I agree with what you are saying. Unlike many readers on this forum seem to be able to comprehend, it's a complex issue, and is fraught with legal complexity. Yet it's still a problem.xv

As you said, a lot of the solutions are a very heavy lift. As I said initially, it's not that I think what this mayor is doing is right, or for that matter, has a chance of standing up to a legal challenge (as someone else posted NM gun laws are even broader than federal laws), but at least she is trying. I appreciate that.
I can respect your view but going around the legal system and the constitution is all politicians want to do. I am very pro gun but can respect Gov Newsome approaching the problem via an amendment.
That said once you leave town are are out in very rural areas you will own a gun...... Been there done that. I spent my teens in Los Angeles with a cop dad, he taught us the basics and rarely was unarmed. I refuse to be an easy victim.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
Sure:

Massive errors in FBI’s Active Shooting Reports from 2014-2022 regarding cases where civilians stop attacks: Instead of 4.6%, the correct number is at least 35.7%. In 2022, it is at least 41.3%. Excluding gun-free zones, it averaged over 63.5%.​

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
It is written pretty clearly and ruled on by the supreme court:

1694395658138.png

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #50  
Uh oh, what’s the “PhD” gonna do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.