Backhoe NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue #11  
Glad you got it figured out.

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue
Me also.

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue #13  
If you don't mind, how much was the thumb for the 1300 bh ,my dealership asked if i wanted it at the time of sale. I believe he said it was a addition of 500.00 dollars. I got a set of forks instead for the loader. I didn't think the thumb would be useful, and have changed my mind since then.

My dealer in Nor-Cal charged 450. 00. Dealer in Reno said it was 250.00. I have used it mote than the FEL.

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue #15  
Thanks for the info, i was hoping to aquire the thumb and install my self, 250.00 seems ok to me , just prefer to install my self gonna have to work that out with the dealer i guess, thanks again

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue #16  
Is the thumb hydraulic or stationary?

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue #18  
how does a mechanical thumb work? is it a set and forget type thing? Been researching LS tractors for a couple of weeks, which brought me back to the forum... :)

Never mind.... found it on youtube. Never knew a mechanical thumb even existed.. :)

Last edited:
I really LIKE it....works Great...it's just mechanical...three length setting and a setting to stow when traveling.

/ NEW MT225S owner....mechanical thumb issue #20  
I paid $285 for the mech thumb here in Pennsylvania. I just did my 50 hour service (at 65...shhhh) and I am getting ready to install the thumb that sat in my shop all winter. I'm glad I checked here before starting. Thanks for the discovery, kormidoit.