New Pioneer 520 Arrived

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived
I imagine you just adjust the release cable so that it's "engaged" all the time? I thought about doing this but I have grandsons who'll probably start driving it this year and anything I can do to help it survive them is probably a good idea.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #32  
The oil change on the Pioneer 700 is also a pain. I think it's the most difficult of any vehicle I've owned in 45 years of owning lots of motor vehicles.

I put an electronic power steering kit on the 700. It's been great and trouble free.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #33  
I imagine you just adjust the release cable so that it's "engaged" all the time? I thought about doing this but I have grandsons who'll probably start driving it this year and anything I can do to help it survive them is probably a good idea.
Your 'fix' is exactly right. I've elected to NOT make that mod to mine - I don't trust myself to never jam the gears. An experienced off-roader could probably benefit with this mod, but min P500 is only used for farm duties.

The electric power steering is an absolutely needed mod...

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #34  
My Pioneer 520 has arrived at the dealership. I’ll be picking it up next Wednesday.

Looking forward to it.

Mike

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #35  
B16BF6D0-728F-4F27-AFBB-453BFAC49A47.jpeg
787C77F7-1C43-4D48-93DF-325210B1314E.jpeg

Picked up the new Honda Pioneer 520 today!!!

I’m looking forward to installing some accessories and get it out on the trails!

Mike

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived
Now the fun begins!

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #38  
Looks pretty much identical to my P500. You'll enjoy it.
I opt'd for the canopy, windshield & winch.

The speedo is very "agressive:.Later I replaced the 24" tires with 26" and almost got the speedo right on the money. 27" would have been right-on.

Log on to hondasxs.com for a ton of free tips, mods, and worthwhile accessories.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #39  
4BD53894-C0AD-4CDA-A070-2AE960F7273A.jpeg

We finally had a break in the weather and I was able to drive the 520 around without getting soaked.

All I can say…it’s a blast to drive and seems really well made and engineered. I’m very happy.

It is a bit noisy at top speed and the gearing is really short. But, it’s got good low end torque and handles my hills with ease.

I have and will be installing the windshield, hard top, rear view mirror, under hood storage and choogbox glove box.
And, I’m sure I’ll be adding 27” tires and a winch would be nice.

Mike

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #40  
View attachment 742280
We finally had a break in the weather and I was able to drive the 520 around without getting soaked.

All I can say…it’s a blast to drive and seems really well made and engineered. I’m very happy.

It is a bit noisy at top speed and the gearing is really short. But, it’s got good low end torque and handles my hills with ease.

I have and will be installing the windshield, hard top, rear view mirror, under hood storage and choogbox glove box.
And, I’m sure I’ll be adding 27” tires and a winch would be nice.

Mike
Depending what kind of windshield you get underhood storage is hard to access in my experience, and my windshield was a flip up hardcoated Honda OEM. Ended up taking front storage box out.