New PT1430 arrived.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #61  
I love mine. I till in cubic yards of compost and green fertilizer. It is a champ.

If you have any rocks around, don't for get a box of locknuts and bolts for it... Hitting a large rock can easily shear bolts in one or two blades.

All the best,

Peter

/ New PT1430 arrived. #62  
Didn't get around to taking the wheels off; heard back from PT/Terry to use it as it was meant and call back if the leakage is still there after 10hrs. on the clock. So, that's what I'll do.

I now have 8.5 hrs. on the machine, and the leakage has slowed down significantly. The machine is in the cold when running, but currently stored at about 60F.

IMGP4889.JPG

Btw, I think the above may be a rarity...? Glad I have the manual with several diagrams (that are hopefully accurate). I did notice two separate set of instructions for putting in tow-mode, and they are not identical... I'll get back to the forum about that later; I do want to test that at some point before it is needed.

Cheers,

Last edited:
   / New PT1430 arrived.
That page is kind of confusing. You just need to Turn that tow valve in the picture 2 full turns counter clockwise. I think the rest of the instructions are for pumps that don't have tow valves.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #64  
Hi RegL, I think your machine was on Brian's gooseneck trailer with the PT-425 he dropped it off for me on Feb. 28th. That was a really cold morning and we had a awful time trying to start the PT-425. I wanted the PT-1430, but the hood is a bit too heavy for me.

/ New PT1430 arrived.
Hi RegL, I think your machine was on Brian's gooseneck trailer with the PT-425 he dropped it off for me on Feb. 28th. That was a really cold morning and we had a awful time trying to start the PT-425. I wanted the PT-1430, but the hood is a bit too heavy for me.

Yea, that was mine. Brian said he had a heck of a time getting the 425 started. Had to go buy some eather. Thank God warmer weather is coming.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #66  
Yeah, I've been thanking God also for the warm up thats coming, although, our winters don't compare to how cold it gets in New England. How long have you have had Power Trac machinery? I love the engineering of them.

/ New PT1430 arrived.
Yeah, I've been thanking God also for the warm up thats coming, although, our winters don't compare to how cold it gets in New England. How long have you have had Power Trac machinery? I love the engineering of them.

Got my first 1430 in 2003. It has over 2000 hours and still going. I was going to try to sell it when I got this one but my wife has claimed it. She actually wants to clean it up and paint it. Can you imagine?

/ New PT1430 arrived. #68  
Got my first 1430 in 2003. It has over 2000 hours and still going. I was going to try to sell it when I got this one but my wife has claimed it. She actually wants to clean it up and paint it. Can you imagine?

No, I can't imagine.... at my house, I'd get the old one and she'd get the new one. ;)

/ New PT1430 arrived. #69  
Haha, thats great! Is there anyone near you that also has a Power Trac?

/ New PT1430 arrived. #70  
IMGP4908.JPGIMGP4909.JPGIMGP4910.JPGIMGP4911.JPG

Got my skidsteer adapter plate mated to PT female/receiver plate, and beefed up the tow adapter as well... (Local welding shop.) Easier to see with primer, before black paint...