New Severe Storms/Tornados Outbreak

/ New Severe Storms/Tornados Outbreak #2  
Re: New Severe Storm Outbreak

Yep, it kind of just blew up east of here. Not a drop of rain here, but 50 miles east it came out of nowhere and they are under severe thunderstorm / tornado warnings.
81 degrees, humid, and windy on March 2nd something has to give I reckon.
Keep your heads down.

/ New Severe Storms/Tornados Outbreak
I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that this one is going to be bad when it hits our area. I've made all the necessary preparations, parked the vehicles in the garage, gathered flashlights and candles, gassed up the generator, secured a safe place to go in the event of a tornado, etc...

I just checked the radar and the worst of it appears to be coming staight for us. Right now, it's eerily calm outside with the occasional gust of wind, but I am not fooled because I know what is coming next.

Fingers crossed.

/ New Severe Storms/Tornados Outbreak #4  
I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that this one is going to be bad when it hits our area. I've made all the necessary preparations, parked the vehicles in the garage, gathered flashlights and candles, gassed up the generator, secured a safe place to go in the event of a tornado, etc...

I just checked the radar and the worst of it appears to be coming staight for us. Right now, it's eerily calm outside with the occasional gust of wind, but I am not fooled because I know what is coming next.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck my friend, May God be with you and your family.

Now the National Weather Service has issued tornado warnings to virtually every area adjacent to us. We are already under a tornado watch, a severe thunderstorm watch, and a flash flood watch.

Crap, this doesn't look good.

/ New Severe Storms/Tornados Outbreak #6  
For this part of Alabama, only downed trees and power lines have been reported. Now for North Alabama thats a different story, last I saw 40 homes have been destroyed.

We're ok but we got lucky, very lucky. Shortly after my last post, a tornado warning was issued for my area.

As I watched the live radar on TV, a massive supercell was approaching us, then as they zoomed in on it, a distinct hook echo became very apparant, which means rotation is present in the storm. Suddenly, and much to my horror, I realized that my location was at the center of the hook echo and at that point I sent my wife for cover as I continued to watch the radar and listen for the sound of an approaching tornado, but much to my relief, nothing happened.

I must admit that while I have weathered many severe storms in my time, this is the first time one has actually scared me to the point that I would consider seeking shelter. We dodged a bullet, this time.

What a rush!