New shop started

/ New shop started #31  
I like that weather vane. The shop is coming along nice and will incredible once it's done.

/ New shop started #32  
Really enjoy seeing your pictures. You really have a good crew!!!!

/ New shop started #33  
Wow! I'm pretty sure I'd just throw a cot in the woodshop and call it home!

/ New shop started #34  
Wow! I'm pretty sure I'd just throw a cot in the woodshop and call it home!

At those prices I would HAVE to call it home. I couldn't afford a house after that. Nice place. It's amazing what planners can get away with. Making it look like a house would only increase it's value for most. And he's worried you might make rental property out of it?

The guy that moved in across from us a few years ago, put up a Yurt, and two sheds connected by a covered porch. He rents them separately on Air B and B, "country Living"!!!!

Should have asked him if he had toilets where he works?

/ New shop started #35  
Very nice shop! Curious what siding you are using? And does it have a chimney?! That would be really cool!

Looking forward to more pics.

/ New shop started #37  
At those prices I would HAVE to call it home. I couldn't afford a house after that. Nice place. It's amazing what planners can get away with. Making it look like a house would only increase it's value for most. And he's worried you might make rental property out of it?

The guy that moved in across from us a few years ago, put up a Yurt, and two sheds connected by a covered porch. He rents them separately on Air B and B, "country Living"!!!!

Should have asked him if he had toilets where he works?

Well that's sort of what I was implying. It's certainly nice enough I would be bragging about living in it! I'm currently building my house and garage and I'm not going to have half of that into it(being my own labor is cheap enough)! It sure is a beautiful setup though! I'd go visit just to drink beer and bs in it!

/ New shop started #38  
Well that's sort of what I was implying. It's certainly nice enough I would be bragging about living in it! I'm currently building my house and garage and I'm not going to have half of that into it(being my own labor is cheap enough)! It sure is a beautiful setup though! I'd go visit just to drink beer and bs in it!
Me too!

/ New shop started #39  
Beautiful! Hey, I have a suggestion for you. If you are going to put operators on any of your overhead doors, check out the Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft model. It is a small unit that mounts on the wall beside the door and directly drives the door jackshaft. I just built my shop and used it on the 18x10 overhead door, and am delighted with everything about it. It needs nothing attached to the ceiling, uses no track or chain, and is virtually silent. The main reason I tried it was that, to lift a 10 door, most operators require an extension kit, which adds to the price and complexity of the system. This unit doesn't care what the height of your door is, and the price is about what a comparable operator and extension kit would cost. Oh, and it's WAY easier to install than a conventional system.

/ New shop started #40  
Beautiful! Hey, I have a suggestion for you. If you are going to put operators on any of your overhead doors, check out the Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft model. It is a small unit that mounts on the wall beside the door and directly drives the door jackshaft. I just built my shop and used it on the 18x10 overhead door, and am delighted with everything about it. It needs nothing attached to the ceiling, uses no track or chain, and is virtually silent. The main reason I tried it was that, to lift a 10 door, most operators require an extension kit, which adds to the price and complexity of the system. This unit doesn't care what the height of your door is, and the price is about what a comparable operator and extension kit would cost. Oh, and it's WAY easier to install than a conventional system.

I agree. I don't know the model number but I am going with the liftmaster wall mount as well. My neighbors house had them, which was the first time I had ever seen that style in a residential.