New snow

/ New snow #11  
Nothing in NW MT worth mentioning, the crew was clearing timber of wrecked houses again this week after the annual 60+Mph windstorm on the ranch. And as they crew started to cover the building with a tarp, as snow storm started brewing. I took off my grapple and mounted my plow on the tractor, and it stopped.
257678931_10209800116395620_3768994697864458468_n.jpg

/ New snow #12  
Yup, yup - that'll do it. Mount up your plow - it quits snowing. I'm all ready to go with my rear blade. But I have the tractor backed into the carport - sort of hidden from Mother Nature. We need the snow - in record breaking amounts.

TYMNorsky - was all that roof damage done by the recent storm??

/ New snow #14  
WOW!! You really had some fierce winds. I been here on my property 40 years now. We get winds but I would guess they top out around 40 to 50 mph. Never had a live Ponderosa pine get toppled in the wind. Dead ones - pine bark beetle - yes, a few.

I have a huge semi circle of ancient Ponderosa pines downwind from my house and outbuildings. This protects everything from any wind and wind damage. The wind may be blowing 50 mph thru these pines - I will record 25 to 30 mph right here at the house.

/ New snow #15  
Nothing in NW MT worth mentioning, the crew was clearing timber of wrecked houses again this week after the annual 60+Mph windstorm on the ranch. And as they crew started to cover the building with a tarp, as snow storm started brewing. I took off my grapple and mounted my plow on the tractor, and it stopped.View attachment 721394
YIKES..

/ New snow
Nice to be in the trees, protected from the wind, but when that one errant gust hits things go bad very quickly. Up north where we have a trailer in a private camp, the previous owner cleared too many trees to make more sites,{greedy}, the remaining trees are adversely affected by the winds. More trees than were removed have blown down.

/ New snow #17  
Today was last of 3 storms passing in last 6 days. But only about 9” total snowfall. Today its 35° and starting to get sloppy. Good news is there predicting snow for next 5 days. Well see.

/ New snow #18  
We had to condemn a historic Forest Service building a few years back after a large Ponderosa pine fell square on the top of it, and broke th upper plates in two walls..
1639954082247.jpeg
F4B2195B-EC9A-47AF-887D-B6A757AE9766.jpeg
6DE0F648-2D39-4483-9660-86B2E11416EB.jpeg
503B5E95-0454-4023-B207-69A2708CF8C7.jpeg

/ New snow #19  
Today was last of 3 storms passing in last 6 days. But only about 9” total snowfall. Today its 35° and starting to get sloppy. Good news is there predicting snow for next 5 days. Well see.
We got a heavy 6 in the last 24, 8 of blower a couple of days before that, probably 24-28 in the last 10 days- the gamut from slush to blower. Keeps settling because the ground isn't frozen and the lower pack is moist. At least it's somewhat cold. And white.

/ New snow #20  
Well, we only got 4 inches of packed powder here but the ground was still unfrozen so plowing was sketchy to avoid tearing up the driveways.