New to me 226D

/ New to me 226D #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
Posted this on my other thread but figured I’d start a new thread for the “new” tractor. This one is a Yanmar YM226D, let’s just say it needs some love.

- Clutch releases basically at the bottom of the pedal (can’t shift ranges or into the PTO when running)
- front axle pivot is pretty worn out
- previous owner ran it out of fuel yesterday so it takes a while to start and it struggles to stay running, no blow by though when it warms up
- radiator top is a bit crushed
- dummy lights are broke out and the lights don’t work (not a huge surprise)
- 3 point is missing a few parts but still fairly complete
- 4wd lever does nothing, it flops around like it’s not connected to anything and the tractor is stuck in 4wd
- Tach cable is broken so hours are unknown

All this being said I see potential in this tractor, working on creating a list to start ordering parts from Hoye Tractor. Focusing more so on the clutch and 4wd lever at the moment. If all goes well this will probably replace the 186D, mainly liked this tractor for its added weight and length which could help it handle the mower better.

IMG_9230.JPG

IMG_9235.JPG

IMG_9238.JPG

IMG_9237.JPG

IMG_9240.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9240.JPG
    IMG_9240.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 100
   / New to me 226D #2  
That one looks to have found a nice Hm............ Nice find!!

/ New to me 226D #3  
Posted this on my other thread but figured I’d start a new thread for the “new” tractor. This one is a Yanmar YM226D, let’s just say it needs some love.

- Clutch releases basically at the bottom of the pedal (can’t shift ranges or into the PTO when running)
- front axle pivot is pretty worn out
- previous owner ran it out of fuel yesterday so it takes a while to start and it struggles to stay running, no blow by though when it warms up
- radiator top is a bit crushed
- dummy lights are broke out and the lights don’t work (not a huge surprise)
- 3 point is missing a few parts but still fairly complete
- 4wd lever does nothing, it flops around like it’s not connected to anything and the tractor is stuck in 4wd
- Tach cable is broken so hours are unknown

All this being said I see potential in this tractor, working on creating a list to start ordering parts from Hoye Tractor. Focusing more so on the clutch and 4wd lever at the moment. If all goes well this will probably replace the 186D, mainly liked this tractor for its added weight and length which could help it handle the mower better.

View attachment 699150
View attachment 699151
View attachment 699152
View attachment 699153
View attachment 699154

There is a long list of parts and suppliers on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. Compare pricing and shipping costs too. ;)

The link is in my signature. Once part of the Yanmar community over there, in the left column click on WIKI > RESOURCE PAGE

/ New to me 226D #4  
Last edited:
   / New to me 226D #5  
Wow, it looks like Yanmar fever bit you real good.
I know, it takes one to know one, I walked down that road many years ago, as you saw the collection I once had when you came over to my place....

/ New to me 226D #6  
They make a good looking pair. Enjoy your YM226D.

/ New to me 226D
Wow, it looks like Yanmar fever bit you real good.
I know, it takes one to know one, I walked down that road many years ago, as you saw the collection I once had when you came over to my place....

Oh it definitely is! I think I’ll probably stick with this 226D if I can get it dialed in, I like that it’s a little heavier since the finish mower kinda pushes the 186D around on inclines. If you’re ever back in the area you should stop by my yard and see my collection, it seems to cover 3 things now; Yanmar tractors, Bobcat construction equipment, and Ford trucks.

/ New to me 226D #8  
Oh it definitely is! I think I’ll probably stick with this 226D if I can get it dialed in, I like that it’s a little heavier since the finish mower kinda pushes the 186D around on inclines. If you’re ever back in the area you should stop by my yard and see my collection, it seems to cover 3 things now; Yanmar tractors, Bobcat construction equipment, and Ford trucks.
You got it !

/ New to me 226D #9  
I was impressed by the bananas and other tropical plants in the yard. The Yanmars must feel like they are back home. :)

Good luck on the rebuild/restoration!

All the best,

Peter