New to me 226D

/ New to me 226D
Over at the Yanmar Tractors Owners Group, we have several of the YM 3-digit and YM 4-digit Parts Manuals. All you need to do is download and find matching numbers.

Recently, we learned that several of the 4WD parts from John Deere 50 Series were matches too. For example a YM226D matched up to a JD750 for the left side steering arm.

Good point! I did pick up the parts manual for this tractor so I should tear the plastic off of it and see about getting the part number.

/ New to me 226D #32  
Good point! I did pick up the parts manual for this tractor so I should tear the plastic off of it and see about getting the part number.

The Parts Manual is for FREE on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group site. ;)
Click on my link in the sig. Still get it in PDF format.

🤠

/ New to me 226D #33  
Good enough for the girls we go wit.

/ New to me 226D
Another day of progress.

Drove down to Farmland Tractor for a front driveline tube since mine was cobbled together with exhaust tubing. While I was there I found some Yanmar ROPS which I believe are for a 186D so it looks like Cpy911 might be getting an OEM ROPS soon. I may have also tracked down a ROPS off of a 220 which are the same part number as the 226 so I’m hoping that deal works out.

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

I’d love to find a new dash panel but hoye no longer sells this one. Would love to find one that doesn’t have all the tabs on the back broken off.

IMG_0021.JPG

Got the dash cleaned up a bit

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

On another note I did some digging and the ROPS for a John Deere 750 are really similar to the ones for a 220/226 Yanmar. May entertain that option if the 220 ROPS doesn’t work out.

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_9998.JPG

Also placed a pretty good parts order to fix the 4wd drop box as well as some other loose ends. Would love to find some side panels ultimately to make this tractor look complete once it’s back together.

IMG_0032.JPG

Last edited:
   / New to me 226D #35  
Totally unimportant but just fyi it's 'a' rops, or more accurately r.o.p.s. not 'some' rops

Roll Over Protection System

/ New to me 226D #37  
View attachment 705196

Got the dash cleaned up a bit

On another note I did some digging and the ROPS for a John Deere 750 are really similar to the ones for a 220/226 Yanmar. May entertain that option if the 220 ROPS doesn’t work out.

So, do you have CAD software on your computer? Then access to a 3D printer? One can make ANY dash to then fit your tractor.

Before my dash gets bad, I plan on taking it off, do total measurements, and create a 3D model. Next, I can add whatever I need to the dash for gauges. Then get the NEW dash 3D printed in a durable material. Plus, I can thicken the wall thickness of the dash to be really strong. Mine didn't come with the Yanmar logo like yours, but I can 3D print one on mine. :)

So, don't think there isn't a solution.

Plus, need 3D CAD software that is FREE without being crippled like AutoCAD Inventor or that crummy CREO CAD, then check this out. IT is full featured like SolidWorks.

FreeCAD V19

Sort of like a dash panel . . .

1625852166772.png

1625852221926.png

Here's a Yanmar headlamp grill that has the 3D printed look. Just needs paint.
1625852655564.png

Last edited:
   / New to me 226D
If i had the access id certainly try but unfortunately I don't. I've been thinking about it a bit lately and was thinking back to my 169D and I swore it had a fuel gauge whereas neither the 186D or 226D does. Makes me wonder if that was an option only on the 169D or if the farmer I bought it from added it. I've spent the last hour searching my own posts on here to finally find a picture with the fuel gauge in it, I'm debating doing away with the dummy lights in this dash and just cutting holes for gauges since I could only find one of the two red plastic covers for the dummy lights online. Still in the thought process and open to ideas but now I really want to find a better picture of the 169D to see how its dash was setup.

169D.JPG

/ New to me 226D #39  
If i had the access id certainly try but unfortunately I don't. I've been thinking about it a bit lately and was thinking back to my 169D and I swore it had a fuel gauge whereas neither the 186D or 226D does. Makes me wonder if that was an option only on the 169D or if the farmer I bought it from added it. I've spent the last hour searching my own posts on here to finally find a picture with the fuel gauge in it, I'm debating doing away with the dummy lights in this dash and just cutting holes for gauges since I could only find one of the two red plastic covers for the dummy lights online. Still in the thought process and open to ideas but now I really want to find a better picture of the 169D to see how its dash was setup.

View attachment 705888

And what did the gas gauge look like. It would be nice to see the pix. :)

/ New to me 226D
And what did the gas gauge look like. It would be nice to see the pix. :)

I found a couple pictures online:

On a 1501D:

IMG_0127.JPG

On a 169D:

IMG_0125.JPG