New to me 226D

/ New to me 226D
Decided to drain the tank tonight on the 226 and clean some of the junk out of the bottom of it. Modified the fuel line a bit and rebled the fuel system with fresh fuel. It finally starts good but still has some major lag when you throttle up from a low idle. When running I think it sounds like it’s running on 2 of the 3 cylinders, I may further investigate to see if it’s an injection pump or injector issue. Has a light haze of white/grey smoke at WOT.

IMG_9287.JPG

/ New to me 226D #12  
I can't see the inj pump in ur pic....
If it's anything like my yammy (and I don't know if it is or not) there would be an access plate above and beside it that allows access to the linkage from the governor to the fuel rack....

If there is, pull it and set the thottle about 1/2, then see if you can move the rack back and forth.... should be next to no effort required....

If it's tough to move at all, disconnect the governor and try again...

If still tough, the inj pump needs torn down and cleaned...

/ New to me 226D #13  
I remember my 226D. I ran a NH479 haybine and a JD14T baler with it for a few seasons. Mine did not have 'live power'. The clutch started the wheels and the pto implement at the same time. Kind of exciting if I may say so !

/ New to me 226D #14  
I remember my 226D. I ran a NH479 haybine and a JD14T baler with it for a few seasons. Mine did not have 'live power'. The clutch started the wheels and the pto implement at the same time. Kind of exciting if I may say so !
You couldn't let out the clutch with the shifter in neutral to get the implement going, before shifting to a gear? I thought any Powershift could do that.

/ New to me 226D #15  
You couldn't let out the clutch with the shifter in neutral to get the implement going, before shifting to a gear? I thought any Powershift could do that.

That's exactly the process I do with my YM2610. Works every time. :)

/ New to me 226D
Not much of an update but slowly working on pulling the dash apart since all of the dummy lights are broke out. Been mainly focusing on getting the 186D done but now that I have parts I’m hoping to get started on the 226D soon which looks like it might turn into a mild restoration.

IMG_9391.JPG

/ New to me 226D
Feeling kinda guilty not working on the 226D but closed on a couple acres a week ago and could resist cleaning up a bit.

IMG_9597.JPG

IMG_9665.JPG

IMG_9661.JPG

/ New to me 226D
Finally got a chance yesterday to make some progress on the 226D. Started by splitting the tractor to find that the pressure plate was missing most of its fingers because of a seized release bearing that basically cut its way through the pressure plate. The friction disk itself actually looks nearly new but the massive amount of rust suggests this tractor sat for quite some time and was more recently brought back into service. More to come on this project, there’s several things I plan to do while the tractor is this far apart.

IMG_9812.JPG

IMG_9813.JPG

IMG_9818.JPG

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9825.JPG

IMG_9827.JPG

IMG_9830.JPG