New (to me) 4100

/ New (to me) 4100 #21  
Wow!! what a difference you made. It looks great. Are you going to paint the back half as well?
I just acquired a 4210 which is very similar to yours except where yours is metal mine is plastic, and the plastic is faded and broken in places. It only has 700 hrs on it and it is 20 years old. Used mostly for spraying fences and gravel lots. I think the chemical attacked the plastic and made it white and cloudy looking. New plastic is expensive, but if it makes it look as good as yours, then it might be worth it.

Here is a pic of when I brought it home. I found the side panels in a box in my father-in-laws shop, so put them back on, and scrubbed it trying to get the haze and crud off of it. Hood is broken as well as front grill. This tractor went through a tornado, and might have rolled over, I am not sure. I believe it was in a storage trailer that got laid over.
JD 4210 1.jpgJD 4210 2.jpg

/ New (to me) 4100
Wow!! what a difference you made. It looks great. Are you going to paint the back half as well?
I just acquired a 4210 which is very similar to yours except where yours is metal mine is plastic, and the plastic is faded and broken in places. It only has 700 hrs on it and it is 20 years old. Used mostly for spraying fences and gravel lots. I think the chemical attacked the plastic and made it white and cloudy looking. New plastic is expensive, but if it makes it look as good as yours, then it might be worth it.

Here is a pic of when I brought it home. I found the side panels in a box in my father-in-laws shop, so put them back on, and scrubbed it trying to get the haze and crud off of it. Hood is broken as well as front grill. This tractor went through a tornado, and might have rolled over, I am not sure. I believe it was in a storage trailer that got laid over.
View attachment 758487View attachment 758489

Ultimately yes, I do plan to do the back half when things aren’t so busy. Years ago I also did all of this to a 4400 for my parents. It’s plastic was badly oxidized and some of it was broken. I waxed the good panels and replaced the broken ones, looked like a new tractor when it was done. Might be worth a short trying to wax some of the panels to see if it’ll bring back the shine.

IMG_2369.jpgIMG_4694.jpg

Last edited:
   / New (to me) 4100 #23  
I might give it a try. Would like to find a 420 loader for it that is for sure. It would be much handier with a loader.

/ New (to me) 4100
Been a while once I’ve posted an update but the 4100 has undergone some transformations.

I located a new takeoff mid mower deck with 15 min of run time on it and decided to turn the 4100 into a big riding mower.

IMG_7114.JPG

IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

I absolutely love the cut with the deck on the 4100 but in the wetter months the R4’s were too hard on the yard. A friend of mine had given me a set of rear wheels from an 855 which share the same bolt pattern and size as the 4100 (both had 12x16.5 R4’s).

IMG_0323.JPG

I brought the wheels in to Les Schwab and had them junk the tires and powder coat the wheels (relatively inexpensive). I also ordered a set of Galaxy R3’s for the front and back which should be a bit nicer to the yard in the wetter months.

IMG_1287.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

Really love how this tractor is turning out. I’ve done a lot of ground work on the property lately so it’s main job has just been cutting the lawn meaning it’s only gotten a handful of hours since I brought it home. Hoping in the bear future to get a FEL for it, I’ve done some extensive research and discovered that the 200x/200cx mounts should work with the current 220R loader Deere sells today. Whenever I start that part of the transformation I’ll be sharing whatever else I learn in putting a current model loader on a 4100.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37