New to me Bobcat 337 with 2 speed problem

/ New to me Bobcat 337 with 2 speed problem #1  

motionclone

Tractor
kubota L345dt
I just acquired a 2900 hr 337 Bobcat mini ex. The seller said the 2 spd switch was "wired backwards" but worked. Once I got it and started playing around with it, it appears its stuck in high spd, the button does nothing. One time though I was successful in getting it to switch to low speed although at the moment the tracks slowed and i had more torque, the rabbit (high speed) light came on on dash like I had just shifted to high. After shutting engine off and restarting later, the machine was back in high speed. Since then havent been able to get it into low speed after many attempts.

Im not really sure how this system works. I think the switch triggers a solenoid and that solenoid sends a signal to the drive via pilot pressure passing through the solenoid? That pilot pressure then activates a valve in the drive to allow more flow?

Heres what ive done to troubleshoot so far:
I checked that the switch has continuity when depressed and when released does not.
I pulled the solenoid out to check for anything funny. All the orings looked good and i quickly put it back.

What else could i check? Is there a good procedure to troubleshoot this? Not sure what voltages are supposed to be showing in the wires or even how exacty this system works. The service manual is vague as it relates to the two speed system.

Thanks in advance. Lots of really smart folks here.

/ New to me Bobcat 337 with 2 speed problem #2  
I’m no expert on the situation however there is a bobcat equipment techs page I’m on on Facebook that’s been very helpful with issues like what you’re describing. Best of luck in figuring out what the issue is.

/ New to me Bobcat 337 with 2 speed problem
Update on this. I got the 2 speed working. The 12volt wire feeding the switch was reading 9-10v and likely had high resistance somewhere. Ran a new wire and immediately started working although backwards.

HOWEVER, the High speed indicator on dash (rabbit) lights up indicating high speed when in fact it is in low speed. pushing button again turns rabbit off and it goes into high speed. This is what it was intermittently doing before i found the switch wire was bad. When starting machine, the rabbit light is out and in high speed.