New to me orange tractors

/ New to me orange tractors #41  
I see you don't have an oil pressure gauge on it yet. If it doesn't show ANY pressure, don't fret it too much. It took me a long time to figure out that problem with my AC model "C" of that vintage, which also used a spin on filter (probably the same one as the WD). The problem was, you could not just spin on the filter in the "as purchased" condition. When I did that, the tractor literally showed zero psi pressure with several different gauges. At the same time, I knew it was pumping some oil, because I had good oil flow out of the little tube that runs forward towards the magneto. After extensive internet searching I found out that a short length of 1/4" tube needed to be pressed in to the bottom of the filter before spinning it on. My $500, fence-line purchase, tractor lacked that part. When I did install it, the tractor showed real good oil pressure, and has held up well for at least 10 years since. The thing I like best about that "C" is the "tricycle" front end which makes it better for hauling logs out of the woods than a "wide-front". It has a lot better forward visibility in the woods and creases less ruts on soft ground than the wide fronts. Good luck with the WD, they were one of the finest tractors of the day.

/ New to me orange tractors #42  
many times that short stem comes off with the old filter.. then poof.. problems..

/ New to me orange tractors
Been a little while since I worked on these. Pulled carb off of the running wd and degreased it. Looked to have had a recent kit in it so I inspected it on the kitchen table. Some one missed an idle jet so I poked it out and tossed in some new throttle shaft seals. Last night I shoved a radiator in and the fresh carb and took her for a cruise. Engine sounds great with good response and not really any smoke except puff of black on a hard fast lug (just right). I do need an oil pressure gage.

Attachments

• image-179270649.jpg
    image-179270649.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 120
   / New to me orange tractors #44  
very nice!