New to me orange tractors

/ New to me orange tractors #32  
I tied sacks on an old all crop back in the late 60's / early 70's...
I was around 10 to 11 years old...
My dad sold AC's for 25 years...
We've still got 4 in the shed...
Great old iron...

/ New to me orange tractors
Valve freed up today in the hopeful runner. So I flushed the oil, filled, and spun on a new filter. Cranked for awhile with plugs out to clear cylinders. Put plugs in cleaned points and drained the crapsman's battery trying to jumpstart. Went to get the 640 ford to jump start it and the alternator took a dump before I had a chance to try. Pulled a battery out of the superduty and right before the battery was drained I had a couple cylinders hit! Was a meh kind of day. Unbelievable mud but good sun and 60 degree heatwave. Now I have a trifecta of dead tractors in the field. Tomorrow is another day.

/ New to me orange tractors #34  
what's the spark look like?

that's alot of turning over without much to show? starter must be hating it?

Weak but working. Need to do some sanding on ignition components and check gap. It is hard starting something with no battery with a remote battery on jumper cables

/ New to me orange tractors #36  
Those are very neat videos! Not familiar with an all crop I'll need to look that up.

The all crop was a pull behind combine that AC built from somewhere around 1939 thru the 60's. It had an ability to be able to harvest and combine small seeds that other brands of combines would just blow out in the chaff. With the AC all crop you could harvest clover, alfalfa, brassica and other really small seeds but putting a different size sifter screen in it. It also came with a swath bar from 48 to 72 inches which while big, heavy and bulky looking tractors could still handle it pretty well.

There's a really neat video of a guy using a ford 8n pulling an AC all-crop combine on youtube.

With a winter storm warning i figured i need to get the alternator in my ford tractor and back to a barn. Wife insisted i spend a few minutes to see if i can get a wd running. Got a battery in the tractor instead of nursing it off cables and that made a world of difference. Got it fired up and took it for a drive. Sounded great and engine Vitals seem ok. Need to get an oil pressure Gage though.

/ New to me orange tractors #38  
With a winter storm warning i figured i need to get the alternator in my ford tractor and back to a barn. Wife insisted i spend a few minutes to see if i can get a wd running. Got a battery in the tractor instead of nursing it off cables and that made a world of difference. Got it fired up and took it for a drive. Sounded great and engine Vitals seem ok. Need to get an oil pressure Gage though.

Glad to hear. Having enough juice can make a lot of difference. :)

Went down and fired up the running tractor yesterday to bring it up from pasture to more suitable work location. It was loaded with tools and such and just as I was putting along tractor tragedy struck. Jumper cables slid off hood catching rear tire and radiator neck. Radiator was pulled in fan and destroyed is seconds. Found a retired Allis dealer near me. Had a junk wd45 so I picked up radiator, a starter for my dead tractor, and a entire front hub assembly (mine squalls like a banshee) $120. They offered the rest of tractor minus rear tires for $200. I'm really digging that idea because I want a 45 crank something fierce. So while I trashed a radiator I feel like I came out ahead today on spare parts and new acquaintances.