New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP!

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP!
You are most welcome!

It's always good to have the service manual, so yes. Your dealer should be able to get you one or at least a digital (PDF) one. That's what I have.
A good torque wrench and the proper metric sockets may be more important. You need to be able to torque the lugnuts and wheel nuts to about 165 lb ft if I recall.

I believe you will need a 24mm and a 27mm at least, I'm not home to verify right now.

I do have a M18 FUEL™ 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring Kit and it has been more handy than I imagined but not so much for the MT240, but just in general. I have used it to remove a front tire quickly when I had a flat as well as trailer wheels for inspection and bearing maintenance, even used it to get the water heater anode out for replacement!
Wonderful! Thanks so much for your valuable guidance--really appreciate it. Will now be shopping for a good torgue wrench. 😊👍

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #22  
Hello, and thanks for the welcome. Also thanks for the tips! Round bales present a bit of a storage problem for me so I'm still using 3-strand 120lbs hay bales, which fit perfectly in the bucket. But that drag harrow you mentioned? It's next on the list, after the cultivator. Do you recommend a drag harrow and if so, is there a specific tine length you recommend? Many thanks in advance for whatever details you can give.
There are many manufacturers of chain harrows, which include different 'combinations... or you can knock-up your own (many TBN threads on that subject). My own (manufactured) has two sections; the first uses 5" V-shaped tines followed by a section of 'horizontal bar' ground effect chains. I'll pass the manure one or two times to break up the manure balls and then use my lawn tractor to mow/mulch the manure even further. If the manure is thick & compacted (especially around a hay feeder) I'll use a landscape rake to break it up.

Another implement that you'll appreciate will be a 'ballast box' on your 3PH (3 point hitch) as it doesn't stick out the back of your tractor as much as using a slasher/bush-hog as a counter balance.
IMG_0204.JPG

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP!
There are many manufacturers of chain harrows, which include different 'combinations... or you can knock-up your own (many TBN threads on that subject). My own (manufactured) has two sections; the first uses 5" V-shaped tines followed by a section of 'horizontal bar' ground effect chains. I'll pass the manure one or two times to break up the manure balls and then use my lawn tractor to mow/mulch the manure even further. If the manure is thick & compacted (especially around a hay feeder) I'll use a landscape rake to break it up.

Another implement that you'll appreciate will be a 'ballast box' on your 3PH (3 point hitch) as it doesn't stick out the back of your tractor as much as using a slasher/bush-hog as a counter balance.View attachment 697295
Thank you, Wagtail--I love the look of your harrow. If there is welding involved I won't be able to make my own harrow. But I'd love to have one like yours so I'll start looking for one just like it.

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #24  
Might be a similar problem with hood as my Boomer 40...plastic hood sticks to rubber weatherstrip at bottom of hood. I have to push release and jerk on hood at same time. Try that and see if it helps.

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #25  
Thank you, Wagtail--I love the look of your harrow. If there is welding involved I won't be able to make my own harrow. But I'd love to have one like yours so I'll start looking for one just like it.
No welding involved with my chain harrow, it all 'hooks' together.

Talk to your, or other, dealerships as to what's available. Mine was made by a company called 'Silvian' who have a close relationship with my JD Dealership.

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #26  
Looking forward to a MT240HST this year, but I may have to purchase on the basis of specs and user satisfaction alone, so a noob question for you ... about simultaneous functions ... can this LS lift and curl at the same time? And for anyone with a nicely configured grapple, can you lift, curl and grab simultaneously? Are you getting an intuitively smooth range of motion at the FEL? Are high RPMs necessary? I realize it may be asking a lot from a 40HP, but it does have a reputation as a powerhouse.
Appreciated!

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #27  
Looking forward to a MT240HST this year, but I may have to purchase on the basis of specs and user satisfaction alone, so a noob question for you ... about simultaneous functions ... can this LS lift and curl at the same time? And for anyone with a nicely configured grapple, can you lift, curl and grab simultaneously? Are you getting an intuitively smooth range of motion at the FEL? Are high RPMs necessary? I realize it may be asking a lot from a 40HP, but it does have a reputation as a powerhouse.
Appreciated!
A MT240 can lift and curl simultaneously just not real fast. The hydraulics do move smooth. I have operated the FEL at idle (empty) up to 2200 RPM and yes they move faster and stronger with higher RPM.
For most loader work I just run 1800-2000 RPM and it give great FEL response as well as good tractor movement (mines a Hydro).
I don't have a grapple yet, supposed to be ready for pickup Wed so I can't comment on that but suspect it will have to be an independent operation from lift/curl.