New to tractors and trailering them

/ New to tractors and trailering them #22  
As I said before, what we say doesn't matter. He should consult the sticker on his door, as well as his owner's manual. My door sticker gives the GVWR, and has a note stating to check the owner's manual for more info. Upon doing so I determined that the towing capacity is 7000lbs for a pickup the way that mine is configurated.
The GCWR is 12000 lbs.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #24  
I agree with the others, you probably don’t have enough truck. Off the record I actually bet you do have enough truck. I bet your payload with the smaller engine isn’t to bad. Tow capacity in a half ton is often limited by payload, how much hitch weight the truck will handle. In the case of your truck it’s probably limited by the engine/transmission combination. I attached a picture of the payload sticker, in this case 1944 pounds, which includes full tank of fuel but no people in the truck.
88A70F5B-04B2-4969-8937-084A3D49619E.jpeg

/ New to tractors and trailering them
I want to thank everyone for their help on this matter. Lots of good information.
I went to a Kioti Dealer this weekend and came up with a plan.
First off the CS2220 is just to small for the work we need to do, so we are considering a CK3520 with front loader and backhoe.
I found out they do free delivery and we are only 15min from the Kioti Dealer so that part is taken care of.
I also found out they do mobile service, so when its time to have have maintenance done they will come to me.
It cost a little more than if I took it to them but at least this way I wont have to buy a new truck and a new trailer just to have maintenance done.
Again thank so much for the information and I'm sure I will be visiting this page a lot in the future since I am new to owning a tractor.
Look forward to talking to you all and cant wait to learn a bunch of stuff.
Thanks
Bernie

/ New to tractors and trailering them #26  
Great pivot! You truck definitely would not be happy towing a CK3520 with backhoe. It likely comes to over 8000 lbs on a suitable trailer.

Plus, you can do your own maintenance, it's not so terrible.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #27  
I want to thank everyone for their help on this matter. Lots of good information.
First off the CS2220 is just to small for the work we need to do, so we are considering a CK3520 with front loader and backhoe.
I found out they do free delivery and we are only 15min from the Kioti Dealer so that part is taken care of.
I also found out they do mobile service, so when its time to have have maintenance done they will come to me.
It cost a little more than if I took it to them but at least this way I wont have to buy a new truck and a new trailer just to have maintenance done.
Again thank so much for the information and I'm sure I will be visiting this page a lot in the future since I am new to owning a tractor.
Thanks
Bernie
I'm sure you've considered this, but in case you haven't - do you actually need a trailer to move your tractor?

You most likely do if you're planning on keeping it in one place and using it elsewhere, but many people don't ever need to move their tractor, barring exceptional circumstances such as needing to take it to the dealer. Your dealer delivers, and assuming you're able to do the general maintenance yourself (grease, oil & filters), it could be years before you need to take the tractor somewhere (I'm at 6 years of "I need a trailer" but still haven't).

Considering the high price of trailers, occasionally renting one may be sufficient, or just having the dealer pick it up as you mention, could probably be done 20 times without getting to the price of a new trailer sufficient for the tractor (let alone paying for another truck).

[Also: if you're able to trailer your tractor, you're able to help people on their land with your tractor. If you can't, you can't. This may or may not be a good thing.]

/ New to tractors and trailering them #28  
Thanks
Bernie
Are you buying from the place in Manchester?