New tool. Mini ex.

/ New tool. Mini ex. #11  
When you drain the final drive pay attention to ANY metallic particles. If you see any contact your dealer to document it. could save you thousands of dollars.

/ New tool. Mini ex.
The final drive seems...delicate. Isn’t just like a rear end?

/ New tool. Mini ex. #13  
Its hydraulic instead of drive gears and quite expensive to replace. Metallic particles are a sign of problems to come.

/ New tool. Mini ex. #14  
Paing attention to final drive motor oil change interval can save you money. The Kubota service guy said that it is the most overlooked service and often requires replacements at high cost

/ New tool. Mini ex. #15  
The final drive seems...delicate. Isn’t just like a rear end?
More like a HST or skid steer. Hydraulic pump then the final drives down low. Any contamination from a dying final drive takes out that motor, then travels back contaminating all the plumbing, then killing the pump, then the other final drive & other hydraulics. So it's not just the one final drive, it's everything hydraulic. Hudraulics in an excavator are higher pressure & more sensitive than in a tractor due to increased precision requirements for the higher pressure.

/ New tool. Mini ex. #16  
More like a HST or skid steer. Hydraulic pump then the final drives down low. Any contamination from a dying final drive takes out that motor, then travels back contaminating all the plumbing, then killing the pump, then the other final drive & other hydraulics. So it's not just the one final drive, it's everything hydraulic. Hudraulics in an excavator are higher pressure & more sensitive than in a tractor due to increased precision requirements for the higher pressure.

The final drives are a sealed unit that doesn’t circulate with the hydraulic oil. The hydraulic motor powering them is a different story. The front axle on a tractor would be a better comparison.

/ New tool. Mini ex.
That痴 the way I understand it. Just never seen any rear end or front axle need so much attention.

/ New tool. Mini ex. #18  
Thatç—´ the way I understand it. Just never seen any rear end or front axle need so much attention.

What’s the recommended maintenance? I’ve never seen anyone do anything with them.

/ New tool. Mini ex.
Its the only 50hr maintenance. Oil/filters aren稚 touched til 500hr.

/ New tool. Mini ex.
first day actually on the job. Its far superior to my m62 but I need a larger bucket for gravel, the 48" grading bucket is barely twice the capacity of the 24" trenching bucket. I'ver ordered a weldable quick attach adapter and am on the hunt for the perfect gravel bucket.
56D1D431-A216-4949-911B-16128BCCEBEA_1_201_a.jpeg
B4824B28-D456-4DED-A776-05E4D0227F0B.jpeg