New tractor purchase

/ New tractor purchase #41  
I bought a TYM 394 cab and loader a year ago. Love the tractor plenty of power good heater and ac. Paid $24,800 and $280 more for rim guard in back tires.

Attachments

• DSC06885.JPG
    DSC06885.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
   / New tractor purchase #42  
Regarding tires. I am quite **** about my lawn but not sure I just want turf tires. Will R4's in two wheel drive while on the lawn do damage? Sorry if this is a really dumb question, I'm only familiar with the turf tires on my BX2200.
That is a VERY pertinent question. If your 5 acres is not steep and you do not plan to do snow removal or a lot of front end loader work or pulling and tugging you are probably best off with turf tires. If you do much loader work and ANY snow removal get at least R4's if not R-1 AG tires. The R-1s would be very rough on your lawn. The R-4s also but not as bad and the the R-3 turf tires are obviously protective of your lawn.

The new machine being heavier would do some noticeable marking anywhere you make turns using using R-4 and very noticeable using R-1s. Very bad.

Are you not keeping the BX2200? Do you plan to get a belly mower for the new machine?

Tires can be a rather expensive topic on these tractors and even a good sized dealer may balk at doing a lot for you on swapping tire types. Best to find a machine that already has what you want on it, if you can, other things being equal.

By the way, in what part of the country are located? Many folks commenting form picture of what you re dealing with somewhat based on your locale.

/ New tractor purchase
I bought a TYM 394 cab and loader a year ago. Love the tractor plenty of power good heater and ac. Paid $24,800 and $280 more for rim guard in back tires.
Nice looking rig!

/ New tractor purchase
That is a VERY pertinent question. If your 5 acres is not steep and you do not plan to do snow removal or a lot of front end loader work or pulling and tugging you are probably best off with turf tires. If you do much loader work and ANY snow removal get at least R4's if not R-1 AG tires. The R-1s would be very rough on your lawn. The R-4s also but not as bad and the the R-3 turf tires are obviously protective of your lawn.

The new machine being heavier would do some noticeable marking anywhere you make turns using using R-4 and very noticeable using R-1s. Very bad.

Are you not keeping the BX2200? Do you plan to get a belly mower for the new machine?

Tires can be a rather expensive topic on these tractors and even a good sized dealer may balk at doing a lot for you on swapping tire types. Best to find a machine that already has what you want on it, if you can, other things being equal.

By the way, in what part of the country are located? Many folks commenting form picture of what you re dealing with somewhat based on your locale.
90% of my property is relatively flat and has a stone path around the entire perimeter. (I make maple syrup so the path was put in place by the original owners for sap collection). The property does sit on top of a ridge and a section of that is far too steep for any sort of tractor. I have a Honda Foreman 4 wheeler that can navigate that slope easily though. One task I had in mind for the bucket other than firewood chores was picking up branches that constantly come down in storms and when we mulch the various flower gardens on the property and then in the fall when we cut everything down. I do plan on keeping the BX2200 so I could always use that and tow the dump cart behind it which is what we do now. I have a belly mower and bagger system for the BX so no plans on getting a belly mower for the new rig. I should add that I mow with a Ferris ztr, the BX will only be used in the fall for some leaf pick up and then for snow blowing in the winter.

I am in Charlton, NY which is close to the Saratoga region.

Last edited:
   / New tractor purchase #46  
90% of my property is relatively flat and has a stone path around the entire perimeter. (I make maple syrup so the path was put in place by the original owners for sap collection). The property does sit on top of a ridge and a section of that is far too steep for any sort of tractor. I have a Honda Foreman 4 wheeler that can navigate that slope easily though. One task I had in mind for the bucket other than firewood chores was picking up branches that constantly come down in storms and when we mulch the various flower gardens on the property and then in the fall when we cut everything down. I do plan on keeping the BX2200 so I could always use that and tow the dump cart behind it which is what we do now. I have a belly mower and bagger system for the BX so no plans on getting a belly mower for the new rig. I should add that I mow with a Ferris ztr, the BX will only be used in the fall for some leaf pick up and then for snow blowing in the winter.

I am in Charlton, NY which is close to the Saratoga region.
Very interesting. Nice environs! Given that circumstance (basically not needing to operate the new machine on the lawn much) I'd recommend the R-4 tires or R-1. Not turf tires. You know the pros and cons there. I hope the new machine will have at least one hydraulic remote (?) Those are not cheap but well worthwhile in the long run. Cleaning up fallen branches and general debris works with a front end loader bucket BUT you will want a grapple attachment for the loader if you do much of that ! I'm hoping the tractor you buy has the skid-steer-quick-attach (SSQA) interface for attaching the bucket and other future things into the loader. There are SO MANY attachments and goodies that can go on there if you have the SSQA. The grapple attachments are real common and available in a wide range of sizes/brands/features.

You have a snow blower for the BX2200? Might it fit the new machine? You probably know all too well the snow turns to ice quickly under those turf tires on the BX2200. All the more reason to go to R-1 on the new one if that fits your plans. I switched my (limited, in the mountains only) snow blowing to one of my B2150 Kubotas that has R-1 AG tires and away from using one that had turf tires. HUGE difference. I used it last week in 16" of lightly packed snow with great pleasure...

/ New tractor purchase
Very interesting. Nice environs! Given that circumstance (basically not needing to operate the new machine on the lawn much) I'd recommend the R-4 tires or R-1. Not turf tires. You know the pros and cons there. I hope the new machine will have at least one hydraulic remote (?) Those are not cheap but well worthwhile in the long run. Cleaning up fallen branches and general debris works with a front end loader bucket BUT you will want a grapple attachment for the loader if you do much of that ! I'm hoping the tractor you buy has the skid-steer-quick-attach (SSQA) interface for attaching the bucket and other future things into the loader. There are SO MANY attachments and goodies that can go on there if you have the SSQA. The grapple attachments are real common and available in a wide range of sizes/brands/features.

You have a snow blower for the BX2200? Might it fit the new machine? You probably know all too well the snow turns to ice quickly under those turf tires on the BX2200. All the more reason to go to R-1 on the new one if that fits your plans. I switched my (limited, in the mountains only) snow blowing to one of my B2150 Kubotas that has R-1 AG tires and away from using one that had turf tires. HUGE difference. I used it last week in 16" of lightly packed snow with great pleasure...
I was seriously thinking about the grapple attachment, they look awesome and would be perfect for holding logs at a height for easy cutting into 16 inch lengths for splitting. I plan on visiting the store on Saturday so I will definitely inquire about the SSQA interface.

Yeah the snow blower for the BX2200 is the BX2750D I believe. I could be wrong though trying to go off memory. I am VERY well aware of how quickly snow turns to ice on the BX, lol. My driveway is stone, so the snow blower has slides on it which always leaves about 1/2" of snow to prevent the stones from being thrown around. The driveway circles around a barn and has two hills, so there are times I think I could hold the Olympic luge and bobsled, lol. The BX in 4WD does quite well though and really only slips on the one side of the driveway going uphill.

/ New tractor purchase
Wanted to provide an update. Put down a deposit on a the Kioti CK2610 today. Got the FEL and 60" rotary cutter, and had a few other options added as well. Going to order a 54" grapple from MTL attachments too. Should hopefully take delivery of the tractor in April! Many to thanks to everyone here for providing advice and knowledge. I'll post pics when I have it!

/ New tractor purchase #49  
Going to order a 54" grapple from MTL attachments too.
That's what I have. If I were to do it again I would go with a 48" instead. All that extra 6 inches does is cost a bit more and add to the weight; it really isn't necessary.

That 2610 is a nice sized tractor. If I'd had more time to look around a few years ago when I realized I needed to upgrade I would have looked at a geared version of it... Kubotas of that size don't have a live PTO. I don't worry about emissions the way that some here do, but the specs are very similar to my old Kubota L275, which I really liked. I've only had my 3301 about three years and still haven't gotten used to the hydro. I still sometimes find myself clutching to stop, but at least I don't stall it as much as I used to.

Last edited: