New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,381  
Labor shortages are as much a symptom of government policies and proclamations of inequity as anything. Then there is the issue of people acquiring the skills to be house framers, car mechanics, plumbers or electricians, or any number of other things.

Just because you have an MBA with $250,000 of student loans doesn't mean you will become the CEO of a major corporation and make 100's of thousands of dollars each year or that you are even qualified to run fast food restaurant.

Even as an engineer, my education really only started when I got my first job as an engineer. Whether I could lay out a PCB for a communications transceiver to communicate with a satellite was meaningless outside of class and of no real value to my employer. When they needed me on the production line, they had to send me off to a school to become solder certified to meet quality control for the hardware I was working on.

Regarding the lack of available labor where I live, there are plenty of people who could be working any number of jobs but, instead, they enjoy government handouts while they play games on their computers and complain that they don't get more handouts from various government agencies.

While I fully support helping those in need and those who can't provide for themselves, indefinite support for people who are capable of working or acquiring skills to work but don't is something I strongly object to.
Unemployment only lasts for so many weeks. How do you get indefinite financial support?

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,382  
Regarding the lack of available labor where I live, there are plenty of people who could be working any number of jobs but, instead, they enjoy government handouts while they play games on their computers and complain that they don't get more handouts from various government agencies.
That, my friend is about to come to a screeching halt very soon. Like the old well worn saying goes, you cannot get blood from a turnip and the government is a turnip today. A bloodless one. The day of reckoning is fast approaching and those that are ill prepared will suffer greatly. By ill prepared, I mean those who have a debt to income ratio that is unbalanced will reap the rewards of their folly.

The Fed and their continuing policy of Quantative Easing is driving the economy over the cliff. All one has to do is look around to see that.

Why discretionary purchases like tractors for suburbanites will become less and less, because they won't be able to afford those toys and stay afloat and it don't matter how creative the financing is, if you don't have the jack to make the payment, you loose, plain and simple.

The ag market is different somewhat. Ag tractors and machinery must be renewed as they wear out. That don't apply to weekend warriors.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,383  
Regarding labor shortages: How many teenagers are working summer jobs these days? If half the people who are currently in college aimlessly pursuing a degree for an undecided future occupation would drop out and get the first job they could, that would be a big help. IF they can pass the drug test and show up for work on time, which sadly seems to be requiring too much. On the construction side, in most areas there is simply too much demand. Contractors are not to be blamed if they are simply too swamped to return phone calls. They ARE to be blamed if they are price gouging.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,384  
There is indeed a shrinking work force. Demographics tell the story that most western countries are an aging population with fewer young people to to fill in behind retirees.
Maybe, I see what I see though. A friend that owns an ice cream shop goes through applicants like crazy (these teenagers want a job, get hired on say Wed then dont think they need to work weekends). Another owns a couple car dealerships, can’t keep mechanics on the payroll. They get hired but don’t stay off their phone long enough to learn anything so maybe 1 out of 5 will be sent to the dealership schools. My kids co is experiencing a pretty high turnover too between dui’s, domestic violence, etc. I know 2 of my kids friends have bs degrees without a job. One other is working as an administrative assistant until she can land something better with her mba. Another has a masters degree in education and spent 18 months trying to get hired as a teacher.
Not sure what’s going on, people say they can’t hire but IMO, they aren’t really looking to.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,385  
Maybe, I see what I see though. A friend that owns an ice cream shop goes through applicants like crazy (these teenagers want a job, get hired on say Wed then dont think they need to work weekends). Another owns a couple car dealerships, can’t keep mechanics on the payroll. They get hired but don’t stay off their phone long enough to learn anything so maybe 1 out of 5 will be sent to the dealership schools. My kids co is experiencing a pretty high turnover too between dui’s, domestic violence, etc. I know 2 of my kids friends have bs degrees without a job. One other is working as an administrative assistant until she can land something better with her mba. Another has a masters degree in education and spent 18 months trying to get hired as a teacher.
Not sure what’s going on, people say they can’t hire but IMO, they aren’t really looking to.

Your friend isn't hiring journeymen techs with two-year trade schools and experience. Your friend sounds like they are hiring kids in school or no trade school and then sending them to the dealer schools. These days $35-45 an hour to start for a qualified line mechanic.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,386  
Unemployment only lasts for so many weeks. How do you get indefinite financial support?
I was told by a young active man that he gets SSI because he can't read or write. I didn't recognize any disability. I guess that's one way.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,388  
While I fully support helping those in need and those who can't provide for themselves, indefinite support for people who are capable of working or acquiring skills to work but don't is something I strongly object to.
Called lazyness or a sponger.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,389  
That, my friend is about to come to a screeching halt very soon. Like the old well worn saying goes, you cannot get blood from a turnip and the government is a turnip today. A bloodless one. The day of reckoning is fast approaching and those that are ill prepared will suffer greatly. By ill prepared, I mean those who have a debt to income ratio that is unbalanced will reap the rewards of their folly.

The Fed and their continuing policy of Quantative Easing is driving the economy over the cliff. All one has to do is look around to see that.

Why discretionary purchases like tractors for suburbanites will become less and less, because they won't be able to afford those toys and stay afloat and it don't matter how creative the financing is, if you don't have the jack to make the payment, you loose, plain and simple.

The ag market is different somewhat. Ag tractors and machinery must be renewed as they wear out. That don't apply to weekend warriors.

Yes, a Kubota 7060 to mow ~half of a 10 acre property with a 12' batwing mower is overkill if you are making payments!

Ditto for the folks who financed an L-series Kubota to maintain their 2-acre "ranch".

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,390  
I was told by a young active man that he gets SSI because he can't read or write. I didn't recognize any disability. I guess that's one way.
Sorry, that will not get you SSI. Perhaps he has a disability that prevents him from being able to read and write? Even that doesn't automatically get you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.