New trailer, farm and on-road use

/ New trailer, farm and on-road use
Also I'd make sure that it was easy to remove that rear ramp.
If someone is loading something with a fork lift from the rear they would crush that ramp and the load will still be to far to the rear.
I modified mine to be easily removed and a fork lift can set a pallet on the trailer then back up and push the pallet further on to balance the load.

Yeah, I would like that as well. The PJ trailers (at least my dual axle trailer), has linch pins on the pivot pins for the rear gate. So I assume that gate is made for easy, quick removal or they wouldn't have used linch pins. But I've never had a significant reason to remove them yet, and I've been hesitant to try it just because of the spring assist. I'll have to look again and verify that the spring has no tension when all the way up or I imagine getting it back together would be a pain.

You might want to look at Karavan trailers, currently being sold at Sam's Club as well as other places. Inexpensive but seems to fit your requirements. All sides fold down if desired, and are removable, including ramp tailgate. Only two things I added was to change out the fixed leg jack stand for a flip up, and add 6 tie-down I-bolts.

I bought their smaller one, 12' to haul my mower and/or SxS. It's also used for numerous other chores like hauling logs and brush as needed. I think I paid a little over $1K for the 6'x12' size.

Now - its not a Kaufman or PJ for sure. But then, I already have a 20' PJ for heavy duty tractor hauling, etc.. Don't need two Cadillac trailers...

I think I saw some of those outside of a Home Depot. I think I'd rather spend a little more for something that seems built a little heavier. But you're right, those fold-down sides really appealed to me. Although IIRC there were no stake pockets. I like using stake pockets for quick-removable solid sides.

/ New trailer, farm and on-road use #33  
Sure Trac makes a single axle 5000# on a landscape/utility trailer. I think it could be up to 14ft long. It has been a while since looking at the website. Jon

Ended up going with another PJ with the ATV ramps up front. Happy with it so far, although one latch on the gate seems slightly misaligned which is a little disappointing, but it's functional. Pulls and rides very nice. I wasn't happy when I first saw the Demco coupler with that polymer latch, but admittedly it is kind of a nice to work with. No latching when hooking up the trailer, just drop the coupler onto the hitch ball and it latches itself. Just stick the locking pin in and you're set. I was a little worried the ATV ramps would be rattling a lot, but they don't at all. However there is nothing holding them in place. Thinking I might add something so I can lock them in at least.

My larger trailer is a PJ as well, so it's nice that anything I buy or make to use the Ready-Rail system can be used on both trailers.

SJ4QG8o.jpg

uU6xqit.jpg

/ New trailer, farm and on-road use #35  
Nice looking trailer.....:thumbsup: