New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ??

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #1  

WoodChuckDad

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320 Power Shuttle Cab, Komatsu PC130-6
The Brand is Sony. I have a Best Buy and a Crutchfield local to me. I could also just order straight from Sony. I'm trying to think of a reason to buy from one of the stores. The new models come out in a month or so and I don't expect the prices to be better. I have a model in mind that I like. Getting things delivered, undamaged, up here has been a trial. That kind of has me leaning toward the Sony website. I doubt Best Buy or Crutchfield would take it back if there was an issue, I think once they walk out the door, you have to go thru repair services .

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #2  
LG C2, you can thank me later. best tv i ever saw and I owned xbr sony's for years.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #3  
Bought a top-of-the-line Sony 85" from Amazon 3 years ago. Chose Sony because at the time they had the best reputation for reliability and because of where I live (very remote) that was most important to me. No problems so far...but the way the remote control works sucks! Ordered from Amazon, delivered by UPS. TV with all its packaging weighed well over 100 lbs but it was delivered with no damage. Very well packaged - took a good hour to get it unboxed and you need to have at least one other person to help!
P1006328ertbn3-4-24.jpg

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ??
I am putting tv in a room with lots of windows. The 77 inch C3 is down to 2500. The c4 is available for pre-order. I need something brighter than an OLED with all the sunlight this thing gets.
image-2024-03-04-13:26:05-499.jpg

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #5  
I am putting tv in a room with lots of windows. The 77 inch C3 is down to 2500. The c4 is available for pre-order. I need something brighter than an OLED with all the sunlight this thing gets.
View attachment 855648
Good luck then, I did buy dark out shades for mine

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ??
Bought a top-of-the-line Sony 85" from Amazon 3 years ago. Chose Sony because at the time they had the best reputation for reliability and because of where I live (very remote) that was most important to me. No problems so far...but the way the remote control works sucks! Ordered from Amazon, delivered by UPS. TV with all its packaging weighed well over 100 lbs but it was delivered with no damage. Very well packaged - took a good hour to get it unboxed and you need to have at least one other person to help!
View attachment 855647
That is pretty much the same TV I plan to buy. Just the "L" model, vs the "H". good to know that they package it well. That back drop looks amazing, by the way.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #7  
I go to the big city and buy from a family owned audio store that has been in business since 1949. They deliver it, set it up, give me a new DirecTV remote and show us how it works.

If we forget how to use some seldom used programs, a phone call tutorial will fix us up. And if it breaks, they can fix it.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #8  
Do you have access to a military exchange? The last few TV's I've bought new "offseason" were from online from the navy exchange.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #9  
I doubt Best Buy or Crutchfield would take it back if there was an issue, I think once they walk out the door, you have to go thru repair services .
I didn't know Crutchfield had stores, I thought they were online only. They do seem to have a good rep for customer service. I suppose much would have to do with the manufacturer's policies.

Last time I bought a tv it was a Vizio from Walmart. No problems with it. Only a 32", no place to put anything bigger.