Newbie looking for critique

/ Newbie looking for critique #61  
Best to practice with similar scrap metal before making any welds on your project.
Always easier to weld it only once, Unwelding and redo can be a uuuge nightmare.
Grinding out inside corners and inside 90’s is a great way to make more scrap. Always tack things in areas easy to grind out if adjustments are needed.

/ Newbie looking for critique #62  
I didn't show you my welds close up because they're not pretty but they are strong and I have lots of advise and need plenty of practice.
That's why I call my welds Gorilla welds, ugly, but tough.

/ Newbie looking for critique #63  
So long as it holds. Honestly, sometimes there's just too much fussing on this here board about welds. OMG, I see 2 pin pricks in your weld, you got some porosity...go kill yourself! I mean, so!?? Unless you literally have zero penetration, yeh that's bad, but otherwise your ugly weld will hold. Especially guys like us with the little scuts, if your weld will bust on an implement for them, likely the material you're welding would bust too.

/ Newbie looking for critique #64  
So long as it holds. Honestly, sometimes there's just too much fussing on this here board about welds. OMG, I see 2 pin pricks in your weld, you got some porosity...go kill yourself! I mean, so!?? Unless you literally have zero penetration, yeh that's bad, but otherwise your ugly weld will hold. Especially guys like us with the little scuts, if your weld will bust on an implement for them, likely the material you're welding would bust too.
I feel the same way. I just want my welds to hold. If it's something where appearances matter, grinder, die grinder, and paint will fix me right up.

/ Newbie looking for critique
5CCAB5D3-0371-4E6B-ADE7-CB22A7BB07E0.jpeg

All welds have black lipstick with a red hat. Thanks to all for your critiques and suggestions. It's members like you what makes this site so great.

/ Newbie looking for critique #66  
Pixguy, we have an opening in the welding bay….;)

Attachments

• 36DB5369-A00C-4485-9A5B-40981EC61593.jpeg
    36DB5369-A00C-4485-9A5B-40981EC61593.jpeg
    846 KB · Views: 75