Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series?

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #21  
I don't have that machine but I have 1ft, 18", 24" and 36" buckets for mine. Use the 1ft and the 3ft the most with 24" coming in third. Rarely use the 18"er.

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #22  
not sure a ripper will lay pipe, I made a custom bucket for pipe, I can dig a trench 5 inches wide quickly and minimal filling afterwards

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #23  
not sure a ripper will lay pipe, I made a custom bucket for pipe, I can dig a trench 5 inches wide quickly and minimal filling afterwards
Picture please. I'm working on a 9"(quick coupler width) at the top to 3" at the cutting edge by 38" deep for trenching in the areas the chain trencher doesn't work well.(sticky clay)

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #24  
My 12” bucket is just nearly worthless. It stays plugged up. Unless your soil extremely sandy I’d forget about anything smaller.

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #25  
Each should have a cool little graph that shows lift in various positions, have a look at those before choosing between the no tail, and tail. Something like below. They are a ton of fun, wish mine was bigger, and had a 6 way blade if that helps.

Best,

ed

1653268720071.png

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #26  
what machine are you putting it on? mine is a Bobcat X change I drew it on cad so it works with there system, no pins, this will dig down 32 inches easily the shallow depth and taper stops it clogging,

Attachments

• DSC_0450_resized_20220522_081052870.JPG
    DSC_0450_resized_20220522_081052870.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
   / Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series?
If you had to choose just one digging bucket, what size would you choose?

We've clay soils and I'm mainly going to be cutting/filling terraces, digging holes, and generally reshaping our hilly property. It's to go on a 2.5 tonne Kubota excavator.

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #28  
for shaping I use a 36 inch tilting bucket, will swivel 35 degrees each way great for ditch work

last week plasma cut the plates so I can mount any attachment in reverse, this allows me to dig against a post or wall with ease, will do a few pictures of this one next week

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #29  

We've clay soils and I'm mainly going to be cutting/filling terraces, digging holes, and generally reshaping our hilly property. It's to go on a 2.5 tonne Kubota excavator.
24"

/ Newbie mini ex questions, and Kubota KX vs U series? #30  

18” or 24”. A 12” is too small to get anything done and a 36 if it’s even available is too big for that machine.