Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #91  
What is funny? If they are veneer trees, you can bet that the mill will go over them with a metal detector before they run them and if they have metal in them they wont pay as much (if they buy them at all), so it would make sense to make sure there isnt anything left in them now before the tree grows over it.

Aaron Z

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #92  
Don't know about your state law but Florida property owners have the right to protect livestock from wild dogs and unleashed pets.
I would call the agricultural deputy for your area to handle the problem. If he refuses then I would handle the problem.

ive shot many a dog...nieghbors dogs included. sometimes i told em..sometimes not...either way...a move out into the country you need to realize the expectations are diff than in town..cows make money..dogs dont..end of discussion

gary

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #93  
No in this case the realtor that leased the property has a copy of the survey and it is current and it clearly shows the property line...so there is no excuse for the fence...It was a clear reach for a way to quickly fence in to the gate on their property without having to drive posts on the proper property line ...so instead they decided to drive 1 &1/2 inch fence staples into some very fine hardwood trees...I call that damage and I have never heard of filling in staple holes in trees...and I am sure not going to do it...No there is damage done...Heck, just the act of trespassing let alone having the Gaul to nail fence to my trees...Like I said, I play hardball when someone is this digressive in a trespass..

I know where you're comming from - as I have had to deal with neighbor-trespassers. When I called the sheriff, the first thing they told me was to have my property surveyed - which you stated that your survey was/is current - but there may be "conflicting" surveys & the authorities in my home state of S.C. go by the most recent survey. Also, I was told (by the authorities) that to press trespassing charges, the perp. would actually have to be caught on the property. I along with my brother witnessed the trespasser on my property - but was then told that it was the trespassers word against mine (b/c he had left the property before the cops showed up) & that my brother was not a credible witness b/c he would obviously take my side. It may be a hassle - but you got to post your property with NO TRESPASSING signs & if that doesn't do it - hang a trail-cam (or hunter's camera) where it is well hidden & collect the evidence you will need for court. I wish you well - as I know it is very frustrating - take action & refuse to let your property loose value. I ended up loosing much timber value b/c I did not keep close enough watch on my sorry neighbors - DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU.

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #94  
I also have some boundary problems with my neighbor of the last 7 years... he is agreeable... just nothing ever seems to get done like when I pointed out the fence had build was in the wrong place...

The bank now owns the home and he is moving...

I can go at my expense and effort to pull up the fence and he wouldn't care... or I'm thinking of making an offer on the place so I can do as I please...

Prices are way down right now... this just might be a once in a lifetime opportunity...