NH68 feed "rice fork" hitting frame

/ NH68 feed "rice fork" hitting frame #1  

petebert

Silver Member
Tractor
The red feed fork is hitting the frame on the downward stroke. Bandaid fix would be to cut a notch where it's been hitting. Any ideas for an actual fix? There's a nut pictured below on top of the rail that the feed forks are on. I found that completely loose. If I tightened that I could see it raising it a couple millimeters. Maybe a couple more if I replace the roller bearings. Aside from that I don't see anything to adjust.

GyZ0XRQ.jpg

pADO4yE.jpg

/ NH68 feed "rice fork" hitting frame
After posting this I researched it some more and have a theory. I actually have a 2nd problem also, the feed fork bar is hitting the machine at the top of it's stroke also. While looking into it more and seeing pictures of other peoples balers I noticed the spring loaded bar at the end of mine sticks out further than on other peoples. I don't see anything in the manual on the correct distance to set this thing at but am thinking if I wipe all the junk off of it I mind find a mark or at least a rust line from where it previously sat.

aMJtdcK.jpg

/ NH68 feed "rice fork" hitting frame #3  
Maybe. Thank you for the information. I am not an expert but your words make sense.