No steering joint boot available.

/ No steering joint boot available. #31  
I may clean it up and try something like that. I'm in the seamless gutter business and I have something much better than silicone.
The inner tube idea is good too. It's just that I don't have any laying around and I'm not buying a new tube to cut up.
A bicycle inner tube might be 5 bucks at Wallyworld or are you that cheap?

/ No steering joint boot available.
A bicycle inner tube might be 5 bucks at Wallyworld or are you that cheap?

If you'd read all the posts you'd have seen that I purchased a new set of boots. Or are you that ignorant? Why do you care what I did or did not do?
My intention was to make a repair with materials on hand, not make a 26 mile round trip to Walmart in the process. Your post contributed a little less than zero to a solution.

Last edited:
I recommend replacing both sides. Other side probably isn't far behind. I think the oem boots on my 1870 were cracked within the first year or so. I replaced them with the Bota Products boots. They are holding up well. I'll have to look tomorrow and make sure dealer didn't mess with them last week....

Since the kit I bought has two boots, I may do just as you suggest.

/ No steering joint boot available. #34  
I was looking for inner tiered boots for a polaris rzr a while back and found a web site that would list the boot diameters it would fit. I believe it was moogs website. Either way with some time googling I bet you will find one that will fit over the steering rod and tie rod. Depending on size you may want to check out CV axle boots too. Also I doubt this will be the last time it needs to be changed.

Turns out my polaris rzr would take boots from a 1996 corolla.

I was looking for inner tiered boots for a polaris rzr a while back and found a web site that would list the boot diameters it would fit. I believe it was moogs website. Either way with some time googling I bet you will find one that will fit over the steering rod and tie rod. Depending on size you may want to check out CV axle boots too. Also I doubt this will be the last time it needs to be changed.

Turns out my polaris rzr would take boots from a 1996 corolla.

Located a set from an aftermarket supplier on eBay. Sitting in my garage awaiting installation.

/ No steering joint boot available. #36  
Sold on ebay & a website by a guy who makes them. My Kioti is very similar and same dilemma. I bought boots from an ebay store in Bulgaria-great prices and many sizes and work for my Kioti and very likely also for Kubota. They're about $6-8 pair free shipping & cheaper than the aftermarket ones sold on ebay Kubota listing. Measure your tractors small and large end ID's and the OAL in MM.