Nortrac???

/ Nortrac???
wow bigger then I thought. but still might be okay. how many HP is yours. If I get one From Northern tool It has to be put to gether right?

/ Nortrac??? #12  
Mine is a 22 HP like in my previous description of 224. That means 22HP, 4WD. A 284 would be 28HP,4WD, etc.
Like I said, they ain't small tractors. Northern only sells assembled units to my knowledge. The NT 204 (20HP, 4WD) is a little shorter than mine,not much though, and has smaller tires. It is a tad smaller but not a lot.
I got mine as a crate unit from a dealer and assembled myself. Dealers sometimes sell as crate form but mostly assembled.

/ Nortrac??? #13  
Northern Tool ships them assembled. You might also want to look at Farm Pro. They are the same machines, different sticker on the side. Both are made by Jimna. If you dig around, you can find "crate" specials on these where you actually put them together yourself. As I understand the crate deals, most of the tractor is assembled.

I noticed one thing that you might want to consider, you said you'd be pulling on the lawn. The "R1" ag tires will really leave some nice marks in your lawn if your soil is moist. And if your soil is moist and has a high clay content then those marks will turn into ruts that will harden like concrete. Just something to be aware of before you pull a trailer over wet grass.

/ Nortrac???
what dealers sell nortrac, farm pro, etc. tractors. The crate idea seems good do you save any money? How do you find a dealer. I have not looked up farm pro though only nortrac and all leads back to northern tool. as for the tires no worry there hard ground and not that nice of lawn anyway. thanks for bring it up though. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Nortrac??? #15  
The NORTRAC name is owned by Northern Tool. You won't find anyone else selling that brand. But the tractor is Jinma. Do some searches for Jinma or Chinese tractor or Farm Pro or Agri Cat. Those may turn up dealers in your area. Also you might want to go to the Chinese Tractor Forum here on TBN and ask for advice from guys who have already puchased these.

One thing I would stay away from is trying to import your own tractor or working directly with a company in China. You can do it, you will save a bit more money, but you may end up with more grief than you anticipate. Some deals go smooth, some take months. I used to import containers of flavored water from Australia and about 20% of the containers would get stuck in customs. It was a paperwork nightmare. And that was for fully loaded sealed containers. Bringing in one tractor on a container of mixed goods is possible, but I would not want to mess with it.

/ Nortrac???
well that explains why it all went back to northern tool. I am looking into one of those inporting companies. would not even think about inporting myself. they look as if they are desent tractors. thanks for all the help everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Nortrac??? #17  
Snorider...Give us a call and we'll take care of you. 1.800.521.0438 Option 1 for Sales..Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Nortrac??? #18  
Snorider, I would think its better to buy from a dealer. Warranties are a lot easier than the import route. Just my opine.

Perry, it would be nice if you filled in your bio.

/ Nortrac??? #20  
I decided to get my 204C from Northern Tool. There are many very good dealers posting in this forum. My main reason for going with NT was the free shipping since pricing was close and I do live in the sticks. I did get the FEL and box blade. If your still interested in the overall length I can take a measurement for you. I also see NT is selling a turf tire set as an option now. I'll probably order a set of those after the Christmas season. I did look at a JD about the same horsepower and options, but it was nearly $4k more. Much fancier tractor, so you do sort of get what you pay for. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Mine is the right tool for what I do with it.