Nortrac???

/ Nortrac??? #1  

snorider

Bronze Member
nortrac

Has anyone heard of these Tractors. They are on northern tool .com I was looking into them and just woundered how they were.

/ Nortrac??? #2  
Use the "search" function and you will find lots of info on Nortrac.

Mark

/ Nortrac??? #3  
They are Chinese made Jinmas, which come under all sorts of labels, like FarmPro, etc.

Check out the Chinese Tractor forums for more indo.

Odd thing, the last I checked, a comparable machine cost more than my JD... Like anything, it pays to check all angles...

/ Nortrac??? #4  
I investigated them a couple of years ago, before I invested in a Kubota. I found that after equipping it with a loader it wasn't that much cheaper than the basic L series kubota. Also, the craftsmanship of the tractor seemed to be inferior to the mainstream tractors. I remember thinking how small the hydraulic cylinders looked on the loader.

But, of course, it's all what you plan to do with it. If mowing is your primary activity.. or dragging a box blade.. then it could be all you need.

/ Nortrac???
I main thing I would use it for is snow removal on a paved driveway that is about 100' long and 60' wide. then pull the trailers out of the back yard. which is to small for a truck and they are too heavy for anything under a 600 cc four wheeler and thats working it. so I need a small tractor prefurbly used one.

/ Nortrac??? #7  
NorthernTools enjoys a very good (and probably well deserved) reputation for competent tractor assembly and responsive support after sale. Can't amplify on that though without knowing which tractor(s) and implements you're interested in, and what you'd intend to use one for.

//greg//

/ Nortrac???
I was looking at a FEL and back blade. About how big is this tractor length wise. Does any one have a pic of one with something for scale. the reason is it has to pull the trailers out of the back yard and it is tight back there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Nortrac??? #10  
Well, these are not your typical sizes CUT (Compact Utility Tractor). Mine is a Jinma 224 with the bigger tires like the 284. The only size difference between mine and a 284 is about an inch or two if that even though the spec sheets show different. I measured my lenght with a Koyker FEL from front edge of bucket to rear edge of 3pt arm and get 12' 7" soooooo when you add something like a back blade they ain't exactly short but I get around pretty tight places. Lets see if I can add a pic if size permits. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Nope, tried a pic but file too big. Then again take a look at the pics on my Webshots page to get a idea of the size. Link below.
http://community.webshots.com/user/harrygoodwrench