Nortrac???

/ Nortrac???
yeah if It would be nice to get the measurements if you don't mind. how well does the tractor turn. since space will be factor. Have you tried pulling traliers will it? if so how does it do. do you move any snow with it? and the last question what fel did you get? thanks for all the help /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

joe

/ Nortrac??? #22  
All NorTrac tractors from Northern Tool and Equipment are shipped fully assembled and ready to go.

/ Nortrac??? #23  
Hi Joe.

With the bucket and box blade down it measures 177 inches overall. It turns on a dime if you don't mind ripping up some grass by locking one brake, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif or a natural turning radius of 104 inches. I've pulled a small trailer, about 800 lbs, no problem. The traction rating is 1500 lbs, whaterver that means. I suspect it is dragging a 1500 lb concrete block before the tires spin. Trailer pulling is very supject to conditions. I know it would pull a 10,000 lb rolling load. but I wouldn't want to do it up or down hills. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I use it to rip out stumps and that ain't easy. I'm waiting for the snow, got the tractor this summer. Just ordered a 5' grader blade and with the bucket it should be a peice of cake. The tractor came with a 4' AmerEquip FEL. The cylinders are a bit small but a loaded bucket #67 stone is no problem. I've probably done a no-no by using the bucket breaking loose a monster stump and maxed out the pressure relief before. Larger cylinders may stress the system too much. Like I say... the bucket appears to be well matched to the tractor. BTW 4' box blade is a Howse. Without the box you can take off 44" on that length. If your going to do a lot of manuvering around to get those trailers you may want a shuttle shift (no experience with those) or a hydrostatic tranny. I have the standard shift and it's fine for what I do. Keep us posted on what's happening Joe.

/ Nortrac???
thanks for the Info. For ripping up the grass is no problum at all /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif the trailers are not the heavy the boat I call pick up the tounge. as for the sleds they are heaver but are pulled by a E -150 van with no problum. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif sounds like a way to go. how Hard is it to pull the FEL off if I have to for the trailers?

thanks alot
Joe

/ Nortrac??? #25  
Well... I've never had mine off. The NT (AmerEquip) is a quick mount. Have to raise the bucket, insert storage legs, lower bucket, loosen two large nuts, back your way out a little, shut down engine, disconnect/reconnect the hydraulics, restart and back away. The bottle neck I see and would fix first is the way the hydraulics are connected. I'd replace the hose to valve connections with quick-disconnects right at the valve rather than fish the lines the way it's installed now. Just guessing, after fixing the hyds, it would take maybe 15 mins. to get it off. Working on a level surface would be a must if you didn't want to wrestle with it.

/ Nortrac???
thanks one outher thing will It fit into my garage without folding the rops. I have A 9' foot door

Joe

/ Nortrac??? #27  
Without measuring, I think that yes it will fit through a 9' door no problem. My shed is 10' and it clears by quite a bit.

Bill

/ Nortrac??? #28  
Snorider. The 204C is a hair over seven feet. It has a fixed ROP's. Should not be a problem
Perry /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Nortrac??? #30  
I bought a 25 hp two months ago and have 30 hours on it - used to run a flail mower - tractor runs great - I did have a concern over my starter motor - seemed to heat up - so this week I emailed Nortrac support and they are shipping a new starter with no question - good service - they shipped the tractor out immediately and it arrived that week as promised - they arranged and paid for a local wrecker company to unload it.