Not a good start

/ Not a good start #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
Well I got my new Yanmar YT359C TBL. Went to use tractor last week and loader was making a buzzing sound when using it. Sounded like it was coming from the passanger side of tractor. Long story short called dealer. They got in contact with yanmar and had a tech come out monday. They confirmed the noise, ran some pressure tests but could not locate the problem. Tech was hear for 3 hours off and on the phone with yanmar. Since the machine is brand new dealer agreed to swap it out. Well see what happens.

/ Not a good start #2  
Well I got my new Yanmar YT359C TBL. Went to use tractor last week and loader was making a buzzing sound when using it. Sounded like it was coming from the passanger side of tractor. Long story short called dealer. They got in contact with yanmar and had a tech come out monday. They confirmed the noise, ran some pressure tests but could not locate the problem. Tech was hear for 3 hours off and on the phone with yanmar. Since the machine is brand new dealer agreed to swap it out. Well see what happens.
Very good dealer. Wish there were more like them!

/ Not a good start #3  
That is not just a good dealer. That is an EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD dealer.

bmaverick said it - wish there were more like that.

The OP wants to be sure to let his dealer know how much he appreciates that gesture. We hear way too many stories here on TBN of just the opposite.

/ Not a good start #4  
Echoing the posters above; good dealer service.

Sometimes with new equipment, stuff like that will happen right at the beginning, but it gets fixed, and then is problem free for the next twenty years……

/ Not a good start
I do appreciate the dealer helping me, but on the other hand they sold me a defective machine. I'm not saying they sold it to me knowingly it was defective but it was still defective and somebody needs to be held responsible. We are not talking about $10000 machine. Now if I had 50 hours on it and I went back to them complaining I understand if they wouldn't do anything. One thing that kinda got me mad was they started to blame the new wr long 4 and 1 bucket. Thats when my attitude changed. Thats typical dealership nonsense trying to blame it on everything else. That was easy to prove it wasn't that.

/ Not a good start #6  
I do appreciate the dealer helping me, but on the other hand they sold me a defective machine. I'm not saying they sold it to me knowingly it was defective but it was still defective and somebody needs to be held responsible. We are not talking about $10000 machine. Now if I had 50 hours on it and I went back to them complaining I understand if they wouldn't do anything. One thing that kinda got me mad was they started to blame the new wr long 4 and 1 bucket. Thats when my attitude changed. Thats typical dealership nonsense trying to blame it on everything else. That was easy to prove it wasn't that.
I have seen the WR Long third function do that. That is also a dealer installed option, and not something wrong with the tractor. WR Long products are usually great, as are Yanmar, but just like everything that is manufactured there is the occasional problem. Kudos to your dealer for exchanging the tractor.

/ Not a good start #7  
I'm not saying they sold it to me knowingly it was defective but it was still defective and somebody needs to be held responsible.
Good grief, what do you expect, keep the tractor and get a full refund?

/ Not a good start
Has the factory yanmar 3rd function. I just purchased a 4 and 1 bucket from wr long.

/ Not a good start
D&D, No not at all. But if im paying $75000 for a tractor it better be right. I think most people would agree

/ Not a good start #10  
Has the factory yanmar 3rd function. I just purchased a 4 and 1 bucket from wr long.
Then it should be easy enough at the dealership to hook the 4n1 bucket to another tractor and see if the buzzing follows your Yanmar tractor or the Long 4n1 bucket.

My bet is that the noise follows the 4n1 bucket - because it doesn't make sense that a dealership as responsive as you describe would send out a new machine with a noise.

But let us know. The YT359C is on my short list of possible tractors somedy.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D